Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

Twist-ed
By Twist-ed,
in

Hi, just signed up an account on here...spent all night reading about Priceline, I'm very new to this and was hoping for some advice!

I'm currently planning a vacation in Ontario, from August 23 to August 31. Flexible itinerary, but I will be booking a rental vehicle as well as hotels (a few nights Downtown Toronto, a few nights Markham/Scarborough, and a night in Kingston). It is worth it to do all this through PRICELINE?

Are you looking for a flight too? If so, I think you can shop for vacation packages, which offer substantial savings over buying individually. Even so, I just saved a little over about $225 buying air ticket separately and getting a hotel through Priceline (verus the 'cheaper' vacation package). If you're looking for a good hotel, I'd say Priceline is worth it. Though not a rule, but you can often save upto 50% or more off published rates on the hotel website or the travel websites. The good thing is that you're the one bidding so if you think the saving is not enough, you can restrict your bid.

Of course, the whole catch is that you don't know what hotel you will get or where exactly it'll be in a defined region. If you definitely need to be at, say, the Hilton, then Priceline is not the way to go.

I read on another thread on this board somewhere that Priceline is for when you want to stay at 4* hotels for a motel price. I liked that explanation. But it does take a bit of time and planning. And if you want a number of different reservations, then that means more of it!

I will be booking a rental vehicle as well as hotels (a few nights Downtown Toronto, a few nights Markham/Scarborough, and a night in Kingston). It is worth it to do all this through PRICELINE?

Not sure why it wouldn't be worth it.

I find the deals are usually better booking your airfare and hotels separately, and in your situation i think you have to do it that way since, since the vacation product doesn't support a multi-city itinerary.

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay... we'll start by using this one for the first leg of your stay. Would this be Downtown Toronto starting August 23? If so, how many days are you looking to be in Downtown? What is your budget for this leg of your stay? (per nite before taxes and fees) What is the minimum star rating you're looking for?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. FYI, there are two of us traveling, but one bed is fine. For the first leg of my stay, I will be staying in downtown Toronto from August 23 until August 27. I am looking to spend around $100 a night for the room, not sure what star rating that would get me? I'd be willing to shell out a bit more for a higher star hotel.

At the 4* level you have eight re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Aug 23 - Aug 27

1 Room

---------

Bid #1 - $55 - 4* - Downtown TO --> rejected

Bid #2 - $60 - 4* - Downtown TO, Brampton --> rejected

Bid #3 - $65 - 4* - Downtown TO, Don Valley --> rejected

Bid #4 - $70 - 4* - Downtown TO, Markham --> accepted!

Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, 4 nights for total of $328.64 US

Thanks for the help!! That's an amazing price...on to the next leg of the trip, I'll start a new thread.

And of course I used the PRICELINE link...it must have helped somehow.

It is worth it to do all this through PRICELINE?
I think you answered this question :)

Congratulations on your win! Glad to see you got a great deal and are happy with the results... we're happy ot have helped!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]