Priceline Hotel: 3* Vancouver (Surrey-Pitt Meadows) Sheraton Guildford Hotel

eartha
By eartha,
in

My family is heading to Vancouver this weekend. Since we leave in 3 days, I didn't have time to try and try for the minimum bid possible. We needed an accepted bid, so I bid a little higher than some of the bids we've seen here. We also didn't care what part of town we stayed in since we don't really have goals other than to spend the weekend in BC.

First I tried 4* in Vancouver for $80/night. I didn't expect to get it and, sure enough, it was rejected.

Then I tried 3* in Vancouver and Vancouver airport for $70/night. Rejected.

Next I added Vancouver North for $75/night. Rejected.

Next I added Surrey for $80/night and was accepted.

Sheraton Guildford Hotel

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$80.00

Subtotal: US$160.00

Taxes & Service Fees: US$34.64

Total Charges: US$194.64

The HOTWIRE rate for what I assume is the same hotel (3* in Surrey) is $251.84 total, so I saved $57 going through PRICELINE. I looked at the Sheraton website, and their cheapest room for that weekend came to 279.46 CAD, which XE.com converts to US$274.171. The cheapest price on Sidestep for that hotel was even higher.

Of course, after I placed the bid, that's when I noticed the reward in my Priceline account to save $5/night. D'Oh! Oh well, I can use it on my mother-in-law's upcoming hotel stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]