Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Hyatt Regency

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

When a zone is not selectable, it means that either:

1. Hotels were once available in that zone through Name Your Own Price, but no longer are, or

2. The zone was recently added with the expectation that hotels will become available in that area in the near future.

In this particular case, the former is true; you used to be able to bid for 1* and 2* hotels in Delta. Unselectable zones are not that uncommon, and you can safely ignore them when you see them.

Hi folks...I'm back this time looking for some Vancouver help.

Hotel #1) 3.5-star hotel in Downtown Vancouver West for 7/22 at $133

Amenities listed were Smoke Free Rooms/Pool/Business Center/High-speed Internet Access/Fitness Center/ Restaurant/Laundry Facilities/Tennis Nearby

Hotel #2) 4-star hotel in Downtown Vancouver West for 7/22 at $159

Amenities listed were Fitness Center/Restaurant/Pool/High-speed Internet Access/

If you are able ID these two hotels can you tell me which one would be more accessable to the station where we need to catch the bus/ferry to Victoria? Also, is Downtown Vancouver West a more desireable area than Downtown Vancouver Entertainment District?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If you ultimatley use HOTWIRE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

The 3.5* is a match for the Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites but the 4* has not yet been identified.

I'm not sure where the ferry or bus leaves from so i can't comment where it is relative to the Coast Plaza Hotel, but if ou find out the address let us know as it would be easy enough to pull up on a google map.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unless the 4* is the Westin Bayshore (unlikely), it will be closer to the buses that take you to the Shwartz Bay ferry terminal. However, it's going to be a long bus ride regardless, so staying at the Coast Plaza won't add a lot of extra time to your trip, relatively speaking. The Downtown Vancouver West area is generally better than the Entertainment District, but it really depends on what you want to do while you're there. If you're just looking for a convenient place to stay overnight before you head to Victoria, it's probably better, but in the end it depends on the specific hotel you end up at. Since we can't confidently identify the 4* hotel on HOTWIRE, I would recommend that you take your chances with PRICELINE.

Success! Priceline just accepted my bid for 7/22 (one night stay) for $125 at the Hyatt Regency ...woohoo!

Used this site's PRICELINE link and started at $118/received counter offer to add $22/declined and bid $120/$121/$122 and my final opportunity at $125 was accepted.

This site has been incredible...thank you sooo much!

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success. Nice job turning down the counter-offer and using your re-bid zones... you've learned well :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]