Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

Gopiku
By Gopiku,
in

Hi! I placed my first priceline bid last week and I'm back for more! :) I'm looking to stay in downtown Toronto, ON from 8/13 to 8/17. The conference rate I can get is $200/night (approx. since it's in C$) for the Toronto Sheraton Centre. I was able to find a Travelocity vacation package (airfare + 4 nights) for $890 for the Shearaton Centre. Unfortunately, the mean people at my organization want a per-night rate printed on the receipt for partial reimbursement - so I don't think I can take the vacation package.

Separately, I can see a flight to Toronto costing me $617 on Expedia (I don't think I'd like an opaque flight with unsure layover times). This would have meant 4 nights with taxes for around $275. I'd like to get something for around that figure if possible!

I realize getting the Shearaton Centre may not be possible and especially since there's a conference on those dates (but how was Travelocity able to offer me a good price?). But realistically, could I make a 4* for around $60-65 in the Toronto downtown area? That'll leave some $40-50 for taxes totaling around $300 I think.

Also, I've used Priceline once for the US (thanks, thereuare!) - is rebidding using zones the same here? I see there are lots of zones without 4* in Toronto?

I'll appreciate any advice and of course, will continue using BetterBidding's PRICELINE links.

Thanks!

G.

I just got the Sheraton Centre you are looking for at $65, with an extra $16.36 in taxes and fees. Total for a 1 night stay is $81.36. The taxes and fees are likely to be a little less than 4x this amount for a longer stay (only being charged one transaction fee, most likely). From what I have seen, there seems to be a lot of success in downtown Toronto around the $65 mark, so there is a good chance you could get lucky. Even though there is a conference going on at the time, the hotel has over 1300 rooms, so there is also a good chance that there are several still left to be available for priceline bids.

There are 8 re-bid zones in the Toronto area that don't have 4* hotels, so there are plenty of opportunities to get the cheapest price using the methods explained in other areas of the site. Although I haven't bid on a hotel in the US (yet), from what I have read, the bidding process is the exact same. Vaughan - North York, and Toronto Airport are the other 2 zones that have 4* hotels so watch out for those two.

Thanks for your advice, slick_gd. Congrats on the deal you got!

Just out of curiosity, if I want to go for a 3* in the Toronto downtown area, am I right in saying that we don't have much of a choice in rebidding because just about every zone (except one I think) has 3* hotels in it? I'm evaluating whether I should downgrade my stay to keep in budget.

Thanks,

G.

At the 4* level you have eight re-bid zones... at the 3* level you have two.

You have plenty of time to use our two re-bid zones at the 3* level so i wouldn't let that be the determining factor in which star rating you decide to go for, imo.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What would be a good starting bid 4* considering some people have got it for $65 (on different weekends though)? Is the starting bid just a function of how much time one has? So the lower you start the more time it is going to take considering the 24 hr limit?

Thanks!

G.

A lot of things to into a starting bid, including hotel direct rates, maximum bid, and time before stay.

Once you decide if you want to first try for a 4* or 3* let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have eight re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $64, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $67, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yay, got my conference hotel!

Region 3, Bid $45, Rejected

Region 3, 1 Bid $50, Rejected

Region 3, 1, 2 Bid $55, Rejected

Region 3, 1, 2, 4 Bid $60, Rejected

Region 3, 1, 2, 4, 5 Bid $62, Rejected

Region 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 Bid $64, Rejected

Region 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 Bid $65, Rejected

Region 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 Bid $67, Rejected

Region 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 Bid $70: ACCEPTED.

4* Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

08/13/08 - 08/17/08

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$70.00

Subtotal: US$280.00

Taxes & Service Fees: US$48.59

Total Charges: US$328.59

Thank you for all your help, thereuare! I used BB's PRICELINE links.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]