Hotwire Hotel: 2* Pittsfield Travelodge

Budking
By Budking,
in

One night 7/9/08. I've been bidding for about three weeks on a 3* in Pittsfield or Lenox (Berkshires). Bid is up to $125. Also, separately have bid on 2* and it is up to $80. The bids are getting close to what I can get directly through a hotel ($150 for a 3* or $110 for 2*) Anyone have any advice? Since I have two days left, should I keep bidding up? Is this area "that" expensive?

I'm not very familiar with this area but if it's in the Berkshires this (summer) is a big season for them and i would imagine many hotels are booked, have high prices, or may not be very interested in a one nite stay (if availability is limited)

HOTWIRE does have 2* hotels in each of these areas for $79-$89, and i probably wouldn't expect too much from either of them, but if you're not too picky and just need a bed to sleep would either of these work for your needs? If you're looking for something "more" then i would consider booking a lower rated hotel direct and even paying a little more for it.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Finished my bidding on Priceline 3* at $135 and 2* at $105. Neither one of those worked. Took your suggestion and booked 2* through Hotwire for one night 7/9/08. $69 plus $15.28 tax for a total of $84.28 at the Travelodge Pittsfield. Not my first choice, but it will work out fine. Guess I'll use the $avings for gas and beer. Thanks for all the help.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to hear that this will suffice for your needs and you were able to save some money vs. your alternate options.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase... which you can still view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

If you didn't, please remember to use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]