Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Crystal City) Marriott Gateway

Penelope2004
By Penelope2004,
in

Hotel accepted first bid of $75. Taxes & Service Fees: $29.64 Total: $179.64

Booked 7/3/08

Hope you get the credit - I linked from your PRICELINE link before I registered - I don't think it matters, but hope you do.

I am thrilled with this first bid on Priceline. I spent DAYS researching hotels in and around Washington DC. I also spent hours of that time on your site, as well as on other trip advice sites (which featured reviews.) I am not sure if I can post names, so I won't.

This is part of a larger trip to a family reunion, then Colonial Williamsburg, and then Washington DC. I hadn't realized just how much hotels cost around DC, and the more affordable hotels were nowhere near Metro stops. After balancing all of our needs, and asking our kids if they would prefer to stay just one night with a guaranteed bed, or two nights and possibly sleep on the blow up mattresses, I felt much braver bidding on Priceline when they voted for the latter.

The Crystal Gateway Marriott gets excellent reviews, (I'll be writing my own when we return) is beautiful from their photos, you can walk to the Metro from the Crystal City Underground Mall (which will be much cooler than the cement in July), and is reputed to be very safe. It is also very close to the City, and if we have any time, we can hop two stops further out to go to Old Town Alexandria. I also figured that as this tends to be a more "business traveler" destination during the week, there would be more of a chance of us having two separate beds (as a business traveler on their own would most likely prefer the larger bed.) The rooms in this area appear to be a bit larger than in Washington DC proper, so our blow up mattresses will be in the car (just in case we can't get the two beds.) Yay! Thank you. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win! Looks like you thought/researched this out thoroughly, asked the kids what they wanted to do, and got a great deal as a result. Glad to hear the board was helpful in your research.

Thank you for posting the details of your stay and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy this leg of your trip and have fun at the family reunion!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]