Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile-Streeterville) InterContinental

rootz
By rootz,
in

Hello,

Please identify: 4.5-star hotel in Magnificent Mile - Streeterville $169, July 18 - 21

Hotel Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s),Business Center,High-speed Internet Access, Pools

It says Customer favorite..

Is it the InterContinential?

Also for 4-star hotel in Magnificent Mile - Streeterville $134, July 18 - 21

Hotel Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s),Business Center,High-speed Internet Access, Spa

The Hyatt has the Spa icon but it doesn't say customer favorite, James has the spa icon but the laundry icon wasn't given, Swissotel has the spa icon, but the tennis and pool icon wasn't given.. so not sure which one it would be..

Thanks!

The 4.5* is a match for the Inter-Continental while the 4* is a match for the Hyatt Regency so that would be our best guess for each. I wouldn't let the inclusion/exclusion of a Customer Favorite designation affect your decison as these often come and go over time... we've even seen examples fo it appearing/disappearing for the same hotel from search-to-search.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Intercontinental is worth the extra over the Hyatt. The Intercontinental is a beautiful, grand, old-world property with some gorgeous architectural details (the Intercontinental pool is one of the first pools ever built on a higher floor and was considered an architectural feat when first built in 1929; it is a gorgeous pool and has been maintained beautifully). It is also right on Michigan Ave.

The Hyatt is a giant, impersonal convention hotel. The Hyatt's fine when you can get it for under $100 on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, once it gets much over that I think it's just not worthwhile.

Just my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooooo, I just came back from Chicago and stayed at the Intercontinental and it was great! The room was decent and nice, bed was really comfy! The location is amazing, everything is so close by! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Thanks! :)

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your purchase with the board..

Please try to post your results as you receive them so that the information can help others who are looking to go to the area during the same time period.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]