Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Holiday Inn Anaheim

wendic
By wendic,
in

Hello! I am new to the board but not new to PRICELINE! I have been bidding for a 3* in the Disneyland area for a few days now. I am traveling July 8th thru July 10th. I was finally asked if I increased my bid by $12 to bring my total to $77, they would accept my bid. Of course it was accepted to the Holiday Inn on Manchester. I notice a post by someone else that they had the same situation with the same hotel. I too agree that this hotel should most definitly not be a 3*! I read the reviews both on this board and all other hotel reservation sites and they are all bad. I will eat my $180 and stay somewhere else. Does anyone have any advice in how to get Priceline to compensate me in some way? Had anyone ever been in this situation? I have used priceline many times and this has never happened to me. This hotel doesn't even compare to the other 3* in that same area.

Thanks!!! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you're not happy with your purchase.

You can contact PRICELINE and let them know that you bid on a 3* hotel and you don't feel the hotel is of 3* quality, but i think it's going to be a tough sell. THESE reviews are 'mixed' (some good some not so good... so they're not really that bad) and that site, as well as 3 others i chose at random, also rate this property 3 stars.

While this may not be the best 3* hotel in the zone, and perhaps it's near the bottom of the hierarchy in terms of the 3* hotels offered, the rating is probably accurate based upon the sites that i visited (i'm not familiar with the property myself so i can't say if it is accurate or not, but took the steps PRICELINE would probably take as well in checking other sites and seeing if the rating is inline or not)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If priceline won't help you and you decide to not "eat" the money I just wanted to let you know that we got this hotel in February. It was nothing fancy, but the room was definately clean (cleaner than the one we stayed in at HOJO's recently and people rave about that place). The distance is a little inconvenient, but we took the ART and remember that this hotel has free parking. I also would hope for a nicer hotel when bidding this star level, but even if I got this one again I wouldn't be devastated.

We too just bid on a 3* in the Disneyland area and won 5 nights at the Holiday Inn located at 1915 South Manchester Avenue. We paid $63.00 a night. I contacted the hotel and inquired about requesting a double occupancy room and was told that the rooms were based on a first come, first serve basis for Priceline customers. I too agree that this hotel should not be listed as a 3* - but after paying $363.00 I can't see pitching the hotel and purchasing nights elsewhere. I can tell you that Priceline suggested that I offer to pay the hotel extra to secure a quad occupancy and I wasn't thrilled with their level of customer service. I've traditionally used Hotwire with past purchases and will revert to utilizing their service. I have in the past contacted HOTWIRE with a similar situation and they gladly accepted more money for a higher ranked hotel - too bad PRICELINE does not operate similarly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]