Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) Planet Hollywood

RobG
By RobG,
in

Pretty happy about the results: $60 for Planet Hollywood when the hotel shows $209 per night on their web site.

However, I needed it from 09/27, which is impossible to get. I tried bidding all the way up to $90 per night for a 4 star hotel for the saturday night stay... no luck.

Bidding Sequence:

STEP 1: Strip South, 4 stars, $45

REJECTED

STEP 2: Added North Strip, increased bid to $55

REJECTED

STEP 3: Added Henderson, increased to $60 (I knew the LOEWS there would most likely not accept less than $90 anyway, but if it did, awesome)

ACCEPTED

I could have probably increased it to $59, as I have seen that to be the lowest price... but you know, you can't be too greedy.

Any help on how to get Satuyrday night is welcome

• 1 month later...

XT600,

This hotel was won over a month ago and rates (especially in Vegas) change all the time. At the time this hotel was received, the hotel's own website was at $209/nite, so you can't judge this win based upon current rates... you would need to use rates at the time this hotel was received.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Given how rates have dropped somewhat, it may be worth a shot to pull up your Priceline reservation (via the PRICELINE link on this site) and try the "add a night" feature. You know upfront that the 27th won't be offered at $60/night but most likely you will receive a counteroffer -- the amount, if somewhat reasonable (toward $100), may be worth the convenience of staying at the same hotel for your entire stay. I kind of doubt that it will be reasonable given that it's a sat night in Vegas at PH, but you never know. For other cities/hotels with less weekend variance, I succeeded at the same rate booked and about 10% over the rate booked.

Just a thought....it's kind of a free shot, may be worth a try if you are still looking for the 27th.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]