Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

djkbooks
By djkbooks,
in

(Remembered to use the PRICELINE link!)

First bid of $90 was accepted, so may have bid too high. Extra night (day prior) was rejected, even though text indicated same rate would be available (not "may"). I have e-mailed Priceline about this.

Tried also for Sunday, 7/20/08. Started at $90, raised to $100 and added Elizabeth, raised to $110 and added Short Hills-Summit. Looks like date is available on Hotwire for $226 (down from $336 a few hours earlier). Lowest rate on hotel website is $359. Will keep trying. Since there is actually only one free re-bid zone, how high do you think it will be necessary to go to be successful? (Lowest rate on hotel website for 7/17 was $299.)

Congratulations on your win!

Your original topic title cut-off your check-out date, can you please add it as a reply to this thread so that we can add this information to the topic title and your win will also then appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

For the nite of 7/20, i think it's going to take in the mid to high $100 ranage. If would likely try up to $135, at which point, this being a Sunday, i would consider looking at a 4* hotel in Manhattan as it's typically the cheapest nite of the week in Manhattan. If you'd like further help with this remaining nite please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and remembering to use our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, one night only 7/17-7/18/08.

I've booked the Holiday Inn Fort Lee ($135 Senior rate, up from $103 some months ago, when I should have booked) for 7/20, but will keep watching HOTWIRE and bidding on PRICELINE. We're not planning to go into the city - just breaking up a trip home from Maryland (high school reunion). This place is just fine and has an excellent dining room with very good food and very low prices, and parking is free.

We really enjoyed the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson last Sunday! Views were amazing, especially from the outdoor terrace on the water. And, we had a very nice dinner in the dining room (and not too pricey for the quality of the food). So, I'll keep trying...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]