Hotwire Hotel: ID Help - 2.5* Renton - $43

bg22
By bg22,
in

In the future, please include the dates of your stay when asking for assistance.

This hotel has not been identified, and assuming that I'm looking at the same hotel that your are (without dates, I can't be sure), there isn't enough information to make a guess that I'd be very confident with. My best guess is that this an extended-stay property that would be rated 2* on Priceline, such as the StudioPLUS Seattle-Renton or Extended Stay Deluxe Seattle-Renton. If you give us more information about your stay, perhaps we can make a better guess or suggest alternatives.

If you decide to book this hotel, please use the HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

I took another look, and my best guess is still the Extended Stay Deluxe Seattle - Renton (Studio Plus Seattle-Renton is actually its former name -- sorry about the mistake). The Tripadvisor reviews of this place are not very good, and one review from April 2008 mentions that "Hotwire should be ashamed to rate this flea bag with 2.5 stars."

I checked several other Sundays between now and your stay and this place kept popping up, so I think it will be available anytime you want it. One hotel appeared on searches for Sundays within about a month from today. It was a 3* in Renton, Customer Favorite, with the following amentities: Airport Shuttle, Smoke-Free Rooms, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, High-Speed Internet. This is a match for the Courtyard Seattle/Sea-Tac Area. I'd wait to see if this one comes up on your date; it's about $10 more, but probably a much better deal.

• 4 weeks later...
I took another look, and my best guess is still the Extended Stay Deluxe Seattle - Renton (Studio Plus Seattle-Renton is actually its former name -- sorry about the mistake). The Tripadvisor reviews of this place are not very good, and one review from April 2008 mentions that "Hotwire should be ashamed to rate this flea bag with 2.5 stars."

I can confirm definitely that this is the Extended Stay America. I wanted to book ANY hotel but this one for my MIL because she has a bad history there. Every board I looked at listed this hotel as a 2* for both Hotwire and Priceline, plus the example brands they list as 2.5* are infinitely better than this dump, so I went ahead and confidently booked a 2.5*. Now I feel like crying!! The trip is for 6 nights too, so it's not like I can just eat the $300 so that she can stay at a different hotel. :) :) :o

Details: Extended Stay Deluxe Renton

Sorry about your bad experience with HOTWIRE.

You have to be careful about rating inflation when you're dealing with HOTWIRE. As you may have noted from my earlier post, I tend to assume that a 2.5* hotel on Hotwire is probably equivalent to a 2* hotel on Priceline. Extended Stay Deluxe hotels are rampant at the 2.5* level; the laundry icon is often a clue to their identity. The 2* you see on the HOTWIRE hotel list is, I believe, the Extended Stay America Seattle-Tukwila, not the Extended Stay Deluxe Seattle-Renton.

I wish I could suggest a way of getting out of your predicament, but I don't know if there is one.

Actually, as per my reply to the thread where this 'win ' for the Extended Stay America was reported... i think eartha may have won an Extended Stay Deluxe (and not an 'Extended StayAmerica)... which woudl make more sense as to the 2.5* HOTWIRE rating (as HOTWIRE does rate most Extended StayAmerica properties 1* or 2*)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

bg22,

I don't know if you're still keeping tabs on this thread, but the 3* hotel that I thought was the Courtyard Seattle/Sea-Tac Area is now coming up on HOTWIRE for your date ($56 when I checked). I think it would be a good idea to book this hotel if the location is suitable (you could try bidding for a 2.5* on PRICELINE, but the results would be somewhat less predicable). If you decide to do so, please use the HOTWIRE link on this site to start your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]