Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy Needed Please

Reens
By Reens,
in

Hi there, I'm a new user to Priceline but have been loitering for a while now.

I am looking to stay ideally in TS or MW areas (but would consider MW and CPS) for 29th July to 2 August 08 . I have tried bidding several times without success (using the re-bidding process, which I am familiar with). I would prefer a 4* and my maximum bid is $170 (excluding taxes) or possibly a 3*, for which my max would be $150.. are these limits too low for the dates I have chosen? A strategy would be useful to make sure I'm on the right track)..

I have tried looking for a hotel to book through Quikbook or elsewhere in the meantime, but can't seem to find anything in the region of $180 for the dates I am looking at (the lowest prices I can find are $200+ which I would prefer not to pay) - so I wonder if someone could help me find a reasonable deal, whilst I try my luck at bidding?

Thanks.

While it's a little higher than your budget, if you don't have anything booked yet I would consider 6 Columbus Circle through Quikbook as a backup for $199/night. That way you would have a very good hotel booked, in a similar area as your looking for, and you can be patient trying your Priceline bids to get something lower.

Be sure to use the Quikbook and PRICELINE links through this site.

The 6 Columbus Circle suggestion is an excellent one! I used to live about two blocks away from there and I think that area, right on the edge of Central Park, is far more pleasant than the Times Square area. But it's an easy walk, subway ride, bus ride or cab ride to Times Square. Columbus Circle is an excellent spot to find transportation.

Reens,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Do you want to go with the Quickbook option at 6 Columbus Circle or try bidding on PRICELINE for a better rate? If you want to try PRICELINE...

Above you posted:

I am looking to stay ideally in TS or MW areas (but would consider MW and CPS)
... you repeated the MTW zone... should one of these be a different zone? (MTE perhaps?) Did you want to restrict your bidding to the first two zones only up to your maximum before trying in the other two alternate zones, or is price ultimately the most important factor and ideally you'd like the least expensive 4* hotel in any of the four zones?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your suggestions so far.. I will book the 6 Columbus Circle as a back-up, but would still like to bid for something lower.

The price is the main factor, so I would consider any of the 4 areas I mentioned.. MTW, TS, MTE and CPS..

Thanks.

At the 4* level you have six re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and CPS and TS (and ESB if you're interested in that zone as well)...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You could bid higher, but you would risk overbidding and I'm not sure why you would want to go higher. Keep in mind that prices on these dates for a 4* are around $250-300+, so the bidding strategy outlined above is very reasonable as a start.

The bidding strategy above may not be accepted, but if it is, you'll be pleased that you were able to get a room for those prices.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]