Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Alexandria-Old Town) Hilton Alexandria Mark Center

Oboy
By Oboy,
in

The above properties have not yet been identified, but these amenity and star rating combinations are often associated with the Extended StayAmerica hotels and their associated brands (Homestead, StudioPlus, etc... occaisionally a Day Inn is also reported with just a Laundry icon), but one of the ESA brands would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will be making a trip to Alexandria, VA 6/29/08-07/04/08. I've been watching HOTWIRE and I consistently get a 3.5* hotel for $89 per night. With that in mind, I've been bidding on PRICELINE for about a week now. Doing 4*, then 3*, then 2.5* bids at $55-$65 with no luck. Today I placed bids from $65-$67 in 4*, 3* and 2.5*. On the 2.5* first bid at $65, I got an offer for free rebid at $82 (which I ignored and placed 2 more bids at $66 and $67).

Are my bids just too low for this time of year?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

You're within $15 of a win, so your bids aren't too far out of line... but obviously not currently enough to win for these particular dates. This is a five nite stay, and even if just one of those nites needs a higher price to 'win', it could affect the price needed for acceptance for all the nites (or at the very least, would bring up the average needed for acceptance)

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level you have three re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Alexandria...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 3* Alexandria and re-bid zone2...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 3* Alexandria and re-bid zone3...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 3* Alexandria and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70.

I'd cycle thru the above using the following date combinations:

6/29-7/4

6/29-7/3

6/30-7/4

6/29-7/2

7/1-7/4

6/29-7/1 (i think this is where you may have a more serious chance at success)

7/2-7/4

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok. I followed the above and got the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center for 6/29-07/01 for $65! I got the "click here to extend your stay" button, but when I tried it offered the room for additional nights at $100 each night.

So if I want to TRY to stay in the same hotel, I'm now willing to go up to $75. Would you mind providing me with a new strategy for the additional nights? (BTW, I did not do the last set of bidding (7/2-7/4)).

Used BB PRICELINE link for ALL (and that was a lot!) of bids.

Congratulations on your <partial> win!

Glad to see you were at least able to get part of your stay at a higher star rating and for less than you have already bid.

You're not going to be able to specficially target this property for the balance of your stay, but you can of course bid for 3* in the same zone. Since this topic title currently reflects the details of your completed purchase, please start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay so that we can ultimately put the details of your subsequent win in the topic title of the new thread.

Thanks for sharing your success (thus far) and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay... we'll keep an eye out for your new thread.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]