Priceline Hotel: Help Bidding in Chicago

AspDotNetGuy
By AspDotNetGuy,
in

It's been years since I bid I remember you all helping last time.

I am going to be in Chicago from 18 - 21 (3 Nights).

I am looking for two things:

Bidding Strategies and where should I stay?

I am not going ot have a car and want to be close (walking distance) from nice restaurents and shopping etc.

It's crucial we are in a safe area (obviously)

Thanks in advance for you help.

AaronJB will be able to comment further, but essentially the NMA zone is in the 'center' of nightlife and such. The Loop zone is a bit more business oriented and can get a little quiet after sundown. However, the two zones are near each other and you can walk from one to the other, so if in the Loop it may be slightly less convenient, but not terribly so. The Loop is often a little cheaper than the NMA zone, so that should be a consideration as well.

I'll let AaronJB give more specific information but included the above to at least get you started thinkging between the choices. (AaronJB, feel free to correct if any of the above is not currently accurate)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Mag Mile area is essentially the river as the South border, the lake as the East border, Oak Street as the North border and maybe State or Dearborn on the West border.

When searching for your dates on HOTWIRE.com , there is a 3.5* in the North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast area on HOTWIRE that has the amenities: no smoking, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, internet, tennis for $129. This listing has not yet been identified, but given the smoke-free designation, this would appear to possibly be the Avenue Hotel (formerly the Radisson). If this was the Avenue, it would be a block from Michigan Ave in a superb location. While not guaranteed, I can't imagine what it would else this would be besides the Avenue.

If this is of interest, then it would be greatly appreciated if you could click on the site's link to HOTWIRE (click the HOTWIRE) to start your purchase, as it supports the site.

Additionally, the Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan is $118.31 for your dates. Use the coupon code SUMMERFAM to get 10% off, which works out to approximately $106 and change per night.

The Club Quarters is in an excellent location right across the street from the Michigan Ave. bridge over the river, but it is a more basic hotel with smaller rooms. At this location, however, you can essentially walk over the river on Michigan Ave. and be in the Michigan Ave. shopping area. Walk South on Michigan Ave. from the hotel and you'll quickly get to Millennium Park at the Art Institute. So, again, basic hotel with small rooms but central location.

If you do decide to take this idea, please make sure that you book the correct location - the Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan and NOT the Club Quarters Loop.

Additionally, please start your purchase (if you take this idea) by using the site's link to Orbitz.com.

There really is no 4* in the NMA zone in a "bad area" or even an "inconvenient" area. The hotels themselves do vary a bit in quality, but area-wise, they're all good.

I would start low though, and $85 would be what I would recommend as the starting bid for a 4* in the River North/NMA area for these dates.

Please use the site's link to PRICELINE to start the booking process.

The Tremont is a 3* on Hotwire, not a 3.5* like the listing in question. Additionally, when you click to see the detail page on HOTWIRE for the listing that I believe might be the Avenue hotel, it has a 3.5/5 tripadvisor rating, which would be a match for the Avenue. The Tremont has a substantially lower rating on Tripadvisor

Additionally, the 3.5/5 on tripadvisor.com is because the Tripadvisor rating for the Avenue takes into account the ratings from when it was the Radisson. It has been remodeled and only very recently was changed into the Avenue.

If it's not the avenue (and while it may not be, I can't really think of anything else it would be), the North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast area on HOTWIRE is really not vast - I would consider any hotel within that zone to be in a nice location.

Went to book it and its not showing up anymore.... any chance of it coming back?

The listing coming back is pretty unlikely.

At this point, I'd go with the Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan idea via Orbitz.com. $It's 118.31 for your dates. Use the coupon code SUMMERFAM to get 10% off, which works out to approximately $106 and change per night. Great, central location, too.

If you do decide to take this idea, please make sure that you book the correct location - the Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan and NOT the Club Quarters Loop.

The site's link to Orbitz is here: Orbitz.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]