Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (University) Sheraton University

hazeleyedgirl
By hazeleyedgirl,
in

hi i am a new bidder. used your link to bid on priceline for june 29 one night, university city philadelphia. as there are only two hotels, hilton and sheraton i am hoping for the sheraton but would accept either one. i bid $79 with $5 insurance as a three star and that was rejected.

it says i need to change one of the check marks. if i lower it to a 2 star, would that be the same hotel choices. not really sure how this is working. was really looking for a place near lasalle university with an outdoor pool.

thanks for any help you could give me.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You would not want to lower your star rating to 2 stars as you're then adding all 2* (and 2.5*) hotels as possible outcomes.

Unfortunately you don't have any re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in Philadelphia. However, re-bidding is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and you should read it and ask any questions that you have since it will help with your future bidding in other areas.

If you're looking for a hotel with a pool you may want to search HOTWIRE as they will let you know before your purchase if the hotel has a pool or not (and you can also then try to figure out the ID of the hotel to determine if it's indoor our outdoor... but in a city i would think that most pools tend to be indoor)

If you want to continue bidding on PRICELINE, what is your maximumbid?

Thank you for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding/purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

sorry didn't post properly before. i read your instructions about re-bidding and am very confused. i went on hotwire (thru your link) and tried to find hotels with outdoor pools. the sheraton university hotel (which is what i am aiming for) is listed on hotwire as a hotel in center city west. do hotwire and priceline categorize their hotel groupings differently?

as to your question about maximim bids, i am currently holding a reservation at a crowne plaza main line for $129 which i booked through onecampus visit (before i found your site) which is fully refundable so i am willing to pay up to and probably a bit more for the sheraton.

so my question is: if i bid on priceline and choose university city philadelphia, 3 stars are there only two hotels in that group the sheraton and the hilton?

do hotwire and priceline categorize their hotel groupings differently?
Yes! Not sure which you're asking about so i'll comment on both.... the zone boundaries differ from PRICELINE to HOTWIRE, as well, the star ratings can differ, as each service uses their own criteria to determine a property's star rating.
if i bid on priceline and choose university city philadelphia, 3 stars are there only two hotels in that group the sheraton and the hilton?
As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List, the list is only hotels reported to the board... you coudl always be the first to report a new hotel at a given star level.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Well this was a long, drawn out bid (my first). Started bid at $79, then every 24 hours re-bid at 84, 85, 89, 95, 99, 103 and 107. all rejected.

took a break, waited a little over a week and re-bid today at $107, which was accepted.

of course, now i am wondering if i should have started lower again today but i think this is a good rate for this hotel.

used the PRICELINE links from your site.

thanks for your help. :)

Congratulations on your win!

While it's always easy to wonder if you could have been successful at lower prices, rates for this property on this nite start at $189/nite. So even though we usually recommend 'back tracking your bids a bit when you have re-bid zones available, so i think this is a very good deal and you did just fine! :)

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]