Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

tvbman
By tvbman,
in

I desire a hotel only in this zone due to location of my work while in NYC. Looks like I might have to expand the search to other zones.

I have bid in $5 increments from $150 all the way up to $305 with rebids with no luck. I am next going to consider splitting my bid, but hate the risk of having to move hotels.

Using HOTWIRE somewhat as a baseline, even their lowest price is $399 for the Monday and Tuesday night. The Sunday night is rather cheap.

Thanks for all help.

You know your needs best, but I wouldn't SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID... i'd sooner expand your zones. In NYC mass transit is relatively inexpensive and readily available, and the zones so close together, that it would typically be easy to get from PointA to PointB.

Where exactly do you need to be for work?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your win!

This is a very nice hotel and in the area you wanted. You will find NYC so compact, and transporataton (busses, subway, and taxis) relatively cheap and easily accessible that you would have been fine just about any area in midtown.

This hotel sits on top of Grand Central so you'll easily be able to catch the trains wherever you need to go, as well as the bus runs crosstown (but subway is the easiest and generally fastest mode of transportation).

If you have time from breakfast, i usually recommend users who are staying in this area to head up to Ess-A-Bagel on Third Ave at 51st St... one of the best bagels in the city and makes for an inexpensive breakfast among the locals.

Thanks for the post and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]