Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Westin Times Square

denangme
By denangme,
in

Going to NYC for a long weekend. Looking for a 4* for these three nights (Thurs June 19 - Sun June 22). Definitely want to stay in Manhattan, preferably Central Park area. Not too familiar with where the ideal areas to stay are, so possibly open to Times Square, Midtown West and others.

Maximum bid would be around $200. Any advice would be appreciated as bidding for NYC is a little overwhelming. Thanks!

So the following bids for my 6/19 - 6/22 stay got rejected.

CPS 4* 130

CPS/MTW 4* 140

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS 4* 150

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES 4* 155

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS 4* 165

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS/MSG 4* 170

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS/MSG/LIC 4* 175

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS/MSG/LIC/BRK 4* 180

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS/MSG/LIC/BRK/CHL 4* 185

Any advice on what to do next? My ideas are splitting up the stays (which days?), consider 3*, try again by increasing my bid.

In order, I would 1) increase the bid to ~$220 for all three nights, 2) split the stay, 3) lower the star quality.

Any estimation of price difference between the nights during this stay? IE. could I get Thursday @ $250/night and Fri/Sat @ $160/night? Am I right in assuming more hotels free up during the weekend during this period? (Online rates appear to indicate this is true.)

(Updated other thread)

Why don't we simply start with trying for the complete stay at $220. With your six re-bid zones you can try as follows:

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB, and TS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $190, if rejected use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB, and TS and re-bid zone6...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $220.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If the above is rejected i think this is a good 'back-up' in order to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID...

Option 1: book the Paramount thru Quickbook for $238/nite and stay at one hotel the entire time

Option 2: Book the first nite thru Quickbook for $238 at the paramount and then book the last two nites at Gild Hall (also thru Quickbook) for $180/nite. You can then try to beat each leg of this stay by bidding on PRICELINE. Please use our Quickbook link to reserve eaach of the above (i believe they're each "Book Now Pay Later" rates which are refundable)

Let us know your thoguths and how the above goes and/or any questions you have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Update:

Bid the following for my stay (6/19 - 6/22) with no success:

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS 4* 190

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES 4* 197

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS 4* 205

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS/MSG 4* 212

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS/MSG/LIC 4* 220

CPS/MTW/MTE/ESB/TS/UES/UWS/MSG/LIC/BRK 4* 225

If the above is rejected i think this is a good 'back-up' in order to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID...

Option 1: book the Paramount thru Quickbook for $238/nite and stay at one hotel the entire time

Option 2: Book the first nite thru Quickbook for $238 at the paramount and then book the last two nites at Gild Hall (also thru Quickbook) for $180/nite. You can then try to beat each leg of this stay by bidding on PRICELINE. Please use our Quickbook link to reserve eaach of the above (i believe they're each "Book Now Pay Later" rates which are refundable)

Thougths on the back-up plan presented above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the back-up plan, however I'm starting to lean towards upping my bid to $250/night. (my uneducated opinion is that I'll get a better 4* on priceline than the Paramount or Gild Hall - true?)

Another question, is it advantageous to wait another few days before bidding again? (first night is in 9 days). IE. When do hotels typically release rooms to priceline? Are there Thursday evening "fare dumps", or they most commonly release 7 days prior to the stay, etc... or have you noticed that priceline prices are lowest 7 days prior to the stay date, and then start to increase again?

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding "bidding early or close to check-in".

The idea of booking the Paramount and/or Gild Hall above is to have a back-up plan. What if you continue to bid and are unsuccessful... then you decide you would like the Paramount and/or Gild Hall and it's no longer available? Then you really have no options. With each being cancellable up until a couple of days before your stay, the idea is to protect yourself with a good "worst case scenario" and then try to better the deal.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- if you bid and are successful, the hotel will likely have a better location than the Gild Hall, but i don't think you'll receive one with better reviews (currently ranked 30th out of 345 hotels in NYC)

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad the board was helpful in your idnetifying this property.

If you didn't, please remember to use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]