Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Wilmington Hilton Garden Inn

WzDancer
By WzDancer,
in

Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center

6745 Rock Spring Road

Wilmington, North Carolina 28405

910-509-4046

Beyond my control, I was looking for a place for tonight in Wilmington. My first instinction was to use 'Extend My Stay' feature of Priceline to add to $77 Saturday night at Couryard that I've already paid for. But this cool guy decided to drive a better bargain and supported BetterBidding by using the PRICELINE link.

My $65 for 2.5* was snapped by Hilton Garden on the first try. How sweet! I've always enjoyed HG better than CY, based my experience elsewhere in the US.

Hilton.com lists a minimum of $179 for tonight.

I've never paid more than $50 for a hotel room through PRICELINE before this weekend. But I am delighted to be accepted at a vacation destination during a Summer weekend.

Congratulations on your win!

Looks like a great deal (almost a third of a conventionally booked room) and you can compare the two :)

I've never paid more than $50 for a hotel room through PRICELINE before this weekend.
WOW!! Considering how many room nites you have booked, this is quite a feat!

Thanks for the support by posting your wins and using the board's PRICELINE link to begin your bids.

Hope you're enjoying your stay (and there's not too much traffic)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like modifiy my quotable quote.

I've never paid more than $45 for a hotel room through Priceline until last weekend, when I stayed at the 4* Hilton Hotel in Santa Clara, CA for $48.

My experience at this 2.5* Hitlton Garden far exceeds that at the 4* Hilton.

I was assigned a suite with separate sitting and sleeping areas, I do not know if this is the standard room here. Each area comes with a 37" LCD TV, and this is the first hotel I've stayed that provides digital cable signals. I did not have to endure streched fuzzy pictures as in many other hotels with LCD sets.

As at many Hilton Gardens, the all you can order American Breakfast cost $10 including everything from the $6 continental tables. The free Wi-Fi access is fast.

My $75 (65+10) is well spent at this Hilton Garden.

It is interesting that you mentioned AC, it was set at 60F when I checked in. It took a while to return to a comfortable temp after I turned it off. I was over-dressed when I went out to take a walk in the stylish outdoor shopping center around the hotel. Should have been in T-shirt and shorts.

It turned out this stay was not spotless.

On my weekly monitoring of my credit card account, I noticed a $62.01 charge from Hilton Garden. I called HG to report the erroneous charge. I was first told that this could be a temporary hold. Then they admitted the error after I asked if they make a temporary hold in an odd amount.

With this snafu, I also learned that the PRICELINE made 81.22-62.01=$19.21 on m stay. As Bill Shatner said in the TV commerical, "It is not stealing, it is negotiating!"

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]