Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham Hotel

drbeanz
By drbeanz,
in

Ok, we will be here for a big convention event in downtown. We know hotel rates will be crazily expensive.

Try 4* convention center area, rejected @, 90, 100, 120, 130, 140, 150.

Then try again 4* Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

$90....rejected

$115.....rejected

$125.....rejected

$137.....accepted

Omni Shoreham Hotel

2500 Calvert Street Northwest

Washington, District Of Columbia 20008

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $137.00

Subtotal: $822.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $132.80

Total Charges*: $954.80

The only problem is too far away from Convention Center, but the price is awesome.

We'll properly take the Metro for saving money.

Any suggestion for transportation? Is the area safe?

Congratualtions on your success!

A very nice deal for a great hotel... it's very highly rated.

I'm not certain about the area, but i don't know any issues off hand in this regard. I had friends who lived in Dupont Circle many years ago and at the time i know they were quite happy there... so should be a good area with lots of things (shops, restaurants, etc) nearby.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The area is very safe - I have stayed at the Shoreham several times over the past 25 years.

The neighborhood is generally residential and just around the corner on Connecticut there are a few mediocre ethnic restaurants.

Also on that corner is the Woodley Park-Zoo Metro station and there are plenty of taxis nearby.

Murphy's Irish Pub is within sight of the hotel and is good for lunch or a pint.

I have found the better restaurants in DC on 19th St between L and M. There are also several in Georgetown around Wisconsin and N but that neighborhood is quite touristy.

Downtown and the Capitol Hill area have restaurants but I don't go there much - they are notably less safe and overly touristy.

The Adams-Morgan neighborhood gets raves for their restaurants but I wasn't impressed with that area either.

I usually find the best places are in the areas NOT raved about in the tourist papers because they won't be overrun with tourists and you won't suffer the accompanying decline in service and increase in price.

The Shoreham is a great place with 4-Star service and accomodations. And unlike most hotels in DC they also have a large pool, which you will need to overcome DC's notorious humidity. Grab a towel, take a dip, pick a beach chair and order a daquri and you will think you are at the beach.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]