Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Downtown Toronto West

nyrac65
By nyrac65,
in

Need help identifying (from Hotwire)

4.5 Downtown Toronto West

Amenities:

ALWAYS smoke free rooms, pool, business center, fitness center, restaurant, internet

Tripadvisor - 4.0 - over 100 reviews, last March 2008

$144 - June 24 -28, 2008.

Intercontinental Yorkville?

The Tripadvisors reviews doesn't match up. The "always" non-smoking doesn't match with the IC site.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above is a match for the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville so that would be our best guess... although i wouldn't necessarily rule out the InterContinental Toronto Centre.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let su know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As we can't see the name of the hotel before your purchase either, it could always be another hotel. All you're able to do is take as many pieces of the puzzle as you're able to find and put them together to see how much of the picture you're able to see. Based upon the information provided, it's a match for the Inter-Continental Yorkville, and nothing suggests that it's not... but there are no guarantees.

What Orbitz rates the InterContinental Yorkville i don't think is relevant to what HOTWIRE will rate it (since each service uses their own criteria to rate hotels, a half a star difference is meaningless).

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all you help - this site is great. Sorry for all the questions - I'm the newbie guy here.

Do folks ever buy one night to determine the hotel, and if it's the one they want then buy the balance of the nights (if a multiple night stay). Does HOTWIRE and/or the hotel care about this? (the back-to-back stays)?

Also, is there any relationship between what Hotwire shows and what the "best-guess" property shows on it's own website as to price/availability?

Thanks again - the info is really appreciated!

You could buy for one night to identify it, but than theoretically you could still get another hotel when your booking the second part of your stay even if they look the same. The hotel may also require you to change rooms, though usually it's not necessary. I can highly recommend the IC Yorkville as I've stayed there before. At this point its most likely the hotel you would get, but no guarantees.

Thanks for the update. Interesting, when I do a search for a one nite stay followed by a 3 nite stay - the 4.5* option doesn't show up. But, when I reverse it (a 3 nite stay, followed by a 1 nite stay) it does.

More interestingly, the rate for the one night (Fri 6/27) shows at $99 - that seems awfully cheap for the IC Yorkville. Looking at the maps, theoretically, the property could be the one of several others. All would be acceptable EXCEPT the Renaissance Toronto Dowtown, which is in the mapped area.

Judging from the price tag, is there a strong reason to believe this could be the Renaissance?

Thanks again!

doesn't the "always smokefree" icon indicate a Marriott or Starwood brand?
No.
Renaissance, but I would hardly call it 4.5*
Last report on the board is that the Renaissance is rated 4 stars, i think it's a leap to think it's been upgraded purely on the basis of a Smoke Free icon and no other indications that it has been.

The "last reviewed" from the TripAdvisor ratings would indicate the Inter-Continental and not the Renaissance.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]