MA Boston Westin Waterfront

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Just came back from our weekend Boston trip & thought I would share my thoughts on the Boston Westin Waterfront....

1. Check in was effortless - they weren't sold out the night before our arrival, so we were able to check in at approx 11:00 a.m. with no problem......we (very politely) asked if by chance they had a room on an upper floor so we could overlook the city & they were very accomodating & gave as room on the 15th floor with a beautiful view of the city & the water!!! They asked if we wanted a key to the mini-bar & I said we would take it, but wanted to empty the fridge part so we could put our own beverages, & they VERY NICELY offered to just bring a fridge up to our room!!! Bear in mind there was no convention going on, so they probably had more flexibility with the rooms etc...., but we really appreciated both of these things.

2. The hotel itself is very nice - very clean & the bathroom had those double shower heads in the shower....(I really want to get one for home now....). Beds were very comfy....didnt eat or drink at the hotel as we did all of that in town, so cant judge any of those things...pool looked nice, but again we spent so much time in town that we didnt use the pool......

3. Location is a little farther out than being right in the Copley or Quincy Mkt zones, but it is accessible with just a little more effort. The "silver line" of the MBTA has a stop about a block from the hotel, or you can walk up the street about 15 min or so & just catch the "red line" of the MBTA at South Station....both worked fine for us although later at night (after 10 ish) the "T" does take extra time to get out there as the frequency of the trains is reduced....we did NOT park at the hotel as it was a staggering $41.00 per night!!!! We hadnt planned on taking the car into Boston anyhow as we knew we werent going to use the car - We parked at the Alewife "T" station for $5.00 per day & bought the 7 day unlimited MBTA pass for $15.00 each...The "T" system in Boston can get you most anywhere you need to go & we never take the car in to the city....why pay $40+ dollars per day to park a car you will not need!!!

4. All in all we were VERY happy with our stay....staff at hotel was great & we would stay there again with no hesitation....the only thing I would probably try to bid the Quincy or Copley zones first, as they are much more centrally located........& use this hotel as a back-up plan.....

• 2 years later...

Stayed at the Westin Waterfront for 1 night after seeing Wicked at the Opera House. Won the Westin for a great price on Priceline at $120 per night, when the website price was $339.per night. Tried to check in at noon as we had arrived early in Boston. Was offered a room with 2 doubles instatnly or I would have to wait for a King room until approx. 3 pm. Opted to wait since we were going to walk the city anyway. Parked the car at the hotel (kinda steep at $32.00/nite) and went our merry way. Got back to the hotel at 2:30pm & checked in to be put in a King room on the 16th foor next to the Presidential Suite facing downtown Boston. WHAT A GREAT VIEW!!!!!. It was beautiful !!! The room itself was very nice with a king size bed, chair & ottoman, large flat top desk, flat panel TV & wonderful shower with double showerheads. It was very nicely done with an understated elegance. The bed (known as the Heavenly Bed at Westin) was heavenly. We had a wonderful stay and wished it was for morethan one night. We did check out the pool & fitness center which were both very nice on the Mezzanine level. The hotel is attached to the Boston Convention Center so there were hundreds of convention goers everywhere. There is a Starbucks in the lobby that had long lines the whole time we were there. There is also the Birches bar, MJ Oconnors (an irish pub),, Saucity (the Westin's restaurant) and the City Bar all off the Lobby. We had drinks in the City Bar before the theatre & thought it very nice & reasonably priced as well. Overall I would definitely recommend the Westin Waterfront to anyone who is looking for a high quality, well done 4 star experiencs. It's location in the Seaport District is a little off the beaten track, but everything is still within reach as the Silver Line T is a 5 minute walk in front of the hotel or walk to South Station in about 10-15 minutes where you can catch the subway to any part of the city. For the view we had, I would gladly give up the idea of being downtown with all the crowds.& take a leisurely walk for some much needed exercise. A-plus Westin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11 months later...

Stayed a couple of nights with our grandson here because of its proximity to the airport. Hopped on the Silver Line from Logan, got off at Tradecenter, a short stroll to hotel. Nice price on the kids' breakfast buffet as my 11 y.o. eats like a horse. The Irish pub in the hotel suited us for the first evening for dinner. Very nice hotel, especially for the Priceline rate of $141/nt. at the beginning of August. Would stay here again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]