Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami Downtown / Sheraton-Biscayne Bay

SuntanD
By SuntanD,
in

Okay you've got a newcomer here and totally inexperienced to say the least. I have to tell you I find this "bidding" strategy incredibly confusing. I need a hotel in Miami for pre and post cruise for April 26th and May 4th. It is just myself traveling, (mom) with my 12 year old son, so I'm not even sure if the option of bidding for a hotel is in my comfort zone. I'm half scared of what I could end up with, therefore should have paid the regular price to begin with.

Any suggestions and/or tips that you could pass along to make me feel a tad bit more secure about this??

Greatly appreciate it! :)

"D"

You'll be just fine, if necessary (and you have AOL Instant Messenger or Yahoo Instant Messenger) i'll even walk you thru the whole process, "talking" to you via the Instant Message while you fill in the information on your own computer. This way you'll also be able to ask me questions as we move along.

Most people choose the Downtown area for pre-cruise stays as it's closest to the port (the airport is another option if you're flying it). You can see what others have received in each zone by CLICKING HERE. Scroll down to MIAMI (Downtown) and you'll see the hotels that we have a record of being won. All of the hotels in the downtown zone have generally received very good reviews (that i'm aware of). I personally stayed at the Downtown Hyatt and called it the best "bang for the buck" hotel room i've ever stayed at.

For the 2nd half stay, i think you need to decide if you want to stay in the downtown area or one of the other areas of Miami. What is it that you would like to be doing for the day/nite before you head home? The downtown area, allthough convenient to the port, isn't really a "toursity" area. Your son may be a little young for South Beach (maybe not?), but maybe Miami Beach would be a good suggestion? I can't say as i don't know what you're interested in doing. Here are the sub-zones of Miami though, in case there's something that may strike your fancy:

Coconut Grove

Coral Gables

Dadeland

Key Biscayne

Miami Airport (MIA)

Miami Beach

Miami Downtown

Miami Lakes

North Miami

North Miami Beach

South Beach

Southwest Miami

If you decide you'd like to bid, let me know and i'll work out a time to go walk you thru it. Of course, if you still have questions, feel free to ask as you have to be comfortable before you move forward. I would recommend at least trying the first nite via Priceline, and then you can think about the experience and if you'd like to try the second nite. Based upon the history that we have, i would think you'll be able to get a room in the Downtown area for less than $50/nite (which normally goes for close to $100 thru traditional means). This doesn't mean that you should go out now and bid $50, let me know if/when you are ready, and i'll put together a bidding gameplan for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for responding so quickly and yes, with your help (i.e. AOL instand messanger) I think I am ready to do this.

Downtown Miami for pre cruise is definitely the way I want to go and undecided about post as I do not know Miami at all. You suggested Miami Beach area, but I heard Dadeland was supposed to be nice too. Can't seem to get a feel for how far each one is from the airport. See you're needed again!

Anyways, let me know what a good time is for you and I will stand by my computer to take a crack at this.

Thanks again!

"D"

Well have to let you all know with the top notch assistance I received from thereuare, I managed to get the Sheraton-Biscayne Bay, (downtown Miami) for a bid of $40. With taxes and processing fee it came to a grand total of $50.95. I'm thrilled! Now to work on the post cruise stay!

"D" :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]