in

Trying to identify hotwire hotel in SF FWharf area dates 6/26-29

Amenities are...

Fitness

Pool

Internet

Business

Restaurant

I think it is Hyatt or Sheraton but wanted your opinions.

Also new to the boards and hotwire, do hotel prices tend to come down closer to your travel dates or is best to book when you see a good rate and not risk the gamble.

Thanks

In regards to when is the right time to make your purchase, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

For the hotel above, if you return to HOTWIRE can you see if this property also has a Laundry in addition to the amenities you've listed above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children? What is the price?

The 3.5* HOTWIRE hotel i'm seeing for your dates has a Laundry icon associated with it.

I searched for 2 adults 1 child and the price yeterday was 139 and today is 146. Still no laundry icon.

And by the way on hotwire it used to be if you selected the hotel it would tell you the trip advisor rating and also the amt of money you were saving but for the last few days this info does not show up.

ALso if I search by just 2 adults I do get the laundry icon and 159.

So is the laundry - Hyatt and the one without Sheraton?

Thanks so much for the boards and all your help.

As info, no laundry icon displays when I enter the same dates with either 2 adults or 2 adults/1 child.

When you do a HOTWIRE vacation package search for 6/25-6/29, neither Hyatt or Sheraton display. But when you change the check-in date to 6/26, the Hyatt displays, along with it's laundry icon. I went to Expedia, and Hyatt is sold out 6/25. Then I went to Hyatt.com and they're showing the hotel as sold out on 6/25 as well. So I think we can rule out the Hyatt if your check-in date is in fact 6/25.

This can't be the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf since it doesn't have a pool. And the vacation package product still lists the Argonaut as 4 stars, so we know that hotel hasn't been downgraded (nor do they have a pool).

Just a hunch, but I'd give the edge to the Sheraton. Also, if this is in fact the Sheraton, it's a pretty good price considering the rack rate runs $259-$369 during your travel dates.

As to HOTWIRE not displaying the Tripadvisor rating or amount you're saving, this feature is completely random. Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't.

Good luck to you!

So is the laundry - Hyatt and the one without Sheraton?

Thanks so much for the boards and all your help.

This would be our best guess as well.
Just a hunch, but I'd give the edge to the Sheraton. Also, if this is in fact the Sheraton, it's a pretty good price considering the rack rate runs $259-$369 during your travel dates.
To confirm we're talking about the one without a Laundry icon here... on a HOTWIRE search i'm seeing TripAdvisor information consistent with the Sheraton. As well, as per the Hotwire Hotel List the Sheraton has been seen with the amenities described... so this further tips the scales towards the Sheraton.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]