Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental The Barclay

east vancouver
By east vancouver,
in

This board is great - the pinned list of hotels is invaluable!

I will be in NYC for 4 nights June 14-18. I would like to stay in MTE/MTC preferably. Hotwire is currenlty showing, what I believe based on descrition on pinned list, the Intercontinetal Barclay for $216 (and on the IC website, the rates are currently discounted to $271 once you pick your room, so it makes sense its this and not the Grand Hyatt) and the Helmsley Parklane (as opposed to same description Sofitel) for $253. I realize that June is still on the expensive end of the scale, compared to July/August.

My question is simply - am I likely to do better (both price and selection) than this as my time in NYC approaches - i.e. try to book in another week or two, or is this pretty good for mid June?

Thanks!

Edit: the 4* MTC/$253 is now not showing, but was this morning - that may answer my question.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

In regards to whether you will do better by waiting, nobody can say for certain, but for our thoughts see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you like the hotel, I would think the $200 mark is a good price for this time of year, although if you're flexible you could probably do a little better thru PRICELINE (although less control over guessing the hotel beforehand)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]