Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental Barclay

vozbelle
By vozbelle,
in

Long time no post...mortgage payment means less travel! I have been doing some research on hotwire and this board for about a week. I will be attending the Sex and The City Premiere at Radio City on Tuesday and will be arriving early to see the sights. I have only done day trips to the city before, even though I only live in MD. I still need to book Tuesday's room. I split my bid as Tuesday prices are substantially higher.

Started @ $130 MTE 4*

Counter-offer received if I increase by $22-declined

Added Brooklyn and increased to $138-rejected

Added Long Island City $142-ACCEPTED!

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $142.00

Subtotal: $284.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $55.24

Total Charges*: $339.24

Hotwire listed $172. I always start about 30% under hotwire as my range.

Overall I am pleased, I was praying hotwire was correct and it wasn't the grand hyatt. My next option was 3 star Millennium UN, which hotwire listed for $139.

I used the link here for PRICELINE.

If anyone can give me tips on what to do in the city (where to eat, I love all food!), much appreciated!

Thanks!

Congratulations on your win!

Thank you for sharing it with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your purchase.

Few quickies for food ideas:

Ess-A-Bagel for Breakfast - one of the best bagels in the city, a short walk from your hotel (Third Ave at 51st St) makes for a very good, inexpensive, breakfast

Katz's Deli - (lower east side) pastrami, corned beef as the known winners... quintisential NYC jewish stylel deli

Both the above are inexpensive (Katz is ~$15 sandwiches you'll see that isn't terrible once you see the size of it)

My style is good food (and value) but not really into fancy places, but if you let us know what type of foods you like and budget we'll try to suggest some more.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]