IL Chicago Conrad Hilton NMA

Suburbanite05
By Suburbanite05,
in

We booked this hotel for 1 night for our anniversary, a Friday night. Stay was May 9, 2008. Hotel was booked through Priceline with a winning bid of $119, with taxes/fees = $145.21. We stayed in room 1131.

Rated 4 star hotel. Very Nice hotel. Located near beginning of Magnificent mile/Michigan Ave. Just a couple minutes from the river. The entrance on Rush street is the main entrance. There is also an entrance off Michigan Avenue but it is shared with North Bridge Mall. The elevator to the hotel is to the left of Nordstrom on the main level off the Michigan Ave entrance. The hotel is on the 5th floor of this building along with the main lobby. Levels 1-4 are for shopping.

Checkin was uneventful with our priceline reservation. I was asked if we wanted to upgrade our room. I declined

• 3 months later...

We stayed at the Conrad Hilton Chicago August 12-16, 2008. The hotel was fabulous. One entrance is on Rush Street and the other entrance is on Michigan Ave. in the heart of the retail district of the Magnificent Mile. We were on the 12th floor (the hotel sits atop a high end shopping center and the lobby is on the 5th floor) and our room was pure luxury and the service excellent. We did not eat at the hotel due to prices but went to Carmine's on Rush Street (a short taxi ride in the evening) and to the West Egg a few blocks from the hotel for breakfast. The West Egg is good food at reasonable prices and Carnine's provides a fun Rush Street experience at reasonable prices.

The hotel has a large plasma TV in every room and the shower could fit 4 people. I asked about a room with a view of the city but they said it would be $40 extra per night. I decided to put that towards dinners instead. When I got home I realized I left a few small items of clothing in the dresser drawer. I called the hotel and they sent them to me right away by Fedex at no charge. I paid $145.00 on Hotwire which I booked through the link on this site. Hotwire did not disappoint. The Conrad Hilton in Chicago was a five star hotel at a three star price.

One more note - you can try to get tickets to the shows for $25.00 the day of the show but we learned that you need to start lining up at the theatre at 7am the day of the show. We found this out when we inquired about Jersey Boys at the Bank of America theatre (formally the LaSalle theatre).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]