Priceline Hotel: 3* Mcallen, TX (May 12, 08)

the_chad
By the_chad,
in

I am trying to estimate what my initial bid should be for this area and bidding tactics to follow. There is a dearth of info (bids and/or hotels in each star level) relating to said area, likely due to its location (basically a border town).

I have plenty of days to bid and play the game and can always simply book outside of Pric.eline.

The only hotel that appears to fit the 3* (highest in the area) level is the Renaissance Casa De Palmas in Mcallen. I would like to stay here if possible, but any other 3* would be suitable as well. IF the price exceeds ~65$, i will likely book at the Comfort Inn in Edinburgh as it is closer to the business i have there. I cannot fathom the hotel staying booked or even near it considering the location, etc.

FYI--listed median price for 3* here is 159

Thanks for any help and assistance. I will be sure to use the PRICELINE link via Better Bidding support page.

• 2 weeks later...

rejected at 45, 50, and 55. quit there as costs with tax began to exceed what i could get for a comfort inn in Edinburg, closer to business and decent conti breakfast. thanks for the help, i will be pricelining a hotel stay in New Orleans in the next week, using of course the link from here!

Thanks for the update and 'closing' this thread... although if the Comfort Inn is cancellable you can continue to try up until you encounter a cancellation penalty.

Thanks for trying with our links to PRICELINE... and please note as per our support page that we're an affiliate of the Comfort Inn as well.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

you're welcome; i moderate for a couple of sites and threads that appear to fall off the map can be frustrating...

good tip about the bidding until cancellation date, i will look into it and "revive" the thread if anything juicy develops...on to new orleans que's elsewhere...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]