Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront-Convention Center) Westin Waterfront

Gdogg6
By Gdogg6,
in

Could someone please help me out with a strategy to find two hotel rooms in the price range of $100-$150 for Saturday June 7th and Sunday June 8th? I prefer to try for 4* first in the Copley or Faneuil Hall area. I don't know Boston at all, the only thing we have scheduled right now is a game at Fenway Park. I'm assuming these are the two better areas to stay for that. We have no problem shooting for a 3* hotel in these areas either. We would like to get the best deal possible especially here in Boston because the front end of our vacation includes three nights in New York and I am struggling to find a good deal there as well.

Thanks,

G

If at all possible I'd like to try up to $130.00 for a 4* first...if that doesn't work I'd like to try for a 3* up to the same amount. Then if neither works I would be willing to go up to $150.00 for 4* and/or 3*.

Well, I am aware that we could get a room with one bed. Hopefully if that is the case we can upgrade or get a rollaway. We are willing to deal with that.

Does anyone else have any experience with getting one room with one bed and turning it into two? My wife talked to priceline yesterday and they told her that it usually was not a problem to get a room with two beds and that we could call PRICELINE for that.

Thanks,

Grant

At both the 4* and 3* levels you have three re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Quincy Market...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley and Quincy...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Start with the above, if rejected close browser, return to PRICELINE thur our link...

Select 3* Copley...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Quincy Market...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100 if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Quincy Market and re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100 if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and Quincy...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and Quincy and re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow...thank you so much for the help! I tried all of it and it worked just find, but I didn't get any bites at all...even on a 3* at $130.00. Starting to get nervous!!! Being that the trip is over a month away, would you try again next week sometime? What do you recommend at this time?

Thanks,

Grant

Tough question....it would be easier if I could get a deal in NY or Boston...that way I would know what type of deal to look for in the other. What is everyone's experience with 2.5 star hotels? I'm wondering if I should try a 2.5 star hotel in the Copley area before trying to shoot up around $150.00.

I know I could probably get a better deal outside of the city, but then we will be paying for cab rides and inconvienced and all that.....

I think I'd probably shoot for a 2.5 star hotel for a better price first, maybe with a cap of $120.00. Do you think that is doable?

Thanks,

Grant

At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones, plus Copley and Quincy which are both acceptable (and previously rejected at the amounts you'll be bidding, so we can use these as re-bid zones, but not really expecting to win there)...

Select 4* Waterfront...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline.

Select 4* Waterfront and Copley...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline.

Select 4* Waterfront and Quincy...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Brilliant suggestion thereuare!!! Thank you very much. Below you will see the results....

Select 4* Waterfront...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...rejected

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...rejected

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...rejected

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline. rejected

Select 4* Waterfront and Copley...rejected

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...rejected

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...rejected

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...rejected

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline. rejected

Select 4* Waterfront and Quincy...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...rejected

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...accepted

4* The Westin Boston Waterfront

Two rooms for two nights...check in June 7th, check out June 9th....$120.00 per room per night.

I did get King beds in each room. I called the hotel and they said that there are double bed rooms available but if I wanted to change that I would have to call Priceline. They said if I want a rollaway in one of the King rooms they can do that at no additional charge. I called Priceline and they were very friendly and very understanding about my request, they called the hotel directly for me while I was on the line and put in a request for me. The hotel said that it shouldn't be a problem. So, worst case scenario, we have a rollaway. Everything worked out perfect!

Thank you very much! I am ready to move onto New York now. How much do you think it will take to get two 4* hotels in Manhattan (not the upper west or east)? I am ready to start trying over $150.00...with my max being $200 for right now.

Thanks,

Grant

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear it went well and that you're happy with the results... and came in within your budget. We're happy to have helped.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

For this next leg of your stay please post and continue your existing Priceline New York City thread and we'll take it from there.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]