Priceline Hotel: Bidding for Venice, Italy Hotels

50sGuy
By 50sGuy,
in

I'm very new to this forum so forgive my ignorance if I seem to be uninformed or unaware of certain nuances and practices regarding international bidding for hotels, etc. I'm very familiar with Priceline & Hotwire as I've both to great success here in the States. But me and the Missus are going to be taking an E. European cruise in late Oct-Early Nov, originating out of Venice. We will need one-night's stay prior and 3 night's after the cruise.

I have been noting elsewhere that some bidders have been quite sucessful with the Hilton Milino Stucky 5* @ $137 to $145 USD per night via PRICELINE. I was wondering if I should wait and submit a bid closer to my trip dates (as we will be in the "off-season") or should I try and nail it now?

Anyone with insight as to Venice and Priceline Bidding for hotels in this city, please offer your experiences as they would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

50sGuy

The short answer is that it's never too early to bid, as long as your plans are firm and you don't overbid.

For a more indepth discussion of this topic please see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you'd like further assistance, please include the first nite of your stay needed in this thread, and start a NEW TOPIC for your post-cruise stay (each stay should be in its own thread)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We visited Venice once before for a 4 day stay just a few years ago as well as Rome and Florence. The best experience of Venice is to stay on Venice Proper. The other areas in Venice are Venice Mestre(the mainland), Lido, and Giudecca-where the Hilton Molino is located - all have access to Venice proper by train/car(Mestre) or boat/water bus.

The majority of tourists you will find on Venice proper. Giudecca is an island across the Giudecca canal from Venice proper even though it's listed as part of Venice on Priceline. They have their own shuttle to and from Venice. From Venice airport the water taxi ride will cost you at least

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]