Hotwire Hotel: Magnificent Mile-Streeterville 4* 4/21-4/24 on HotWire

dadarnie
By dadarnie,
in

Hi. I'm new to this and need some help. I'm looking at two rooms that I found on HotWire for a 4-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville in Chicago. It's offered at $134/nt per room which the site says is a 47% savings. The description is "This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service" and it's identified as a "Customer Favorite." The amenities are listed as: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, and Spa Services.

Any thoughts of which hotel they're offering??? Thanks so much.

We're getting the same price for a Hotwire search for 5/5-5/7 and it lists the hotel as a customer favorite as well and states it's a 52% savings for us. Anybody have anything to say about the location of the hotel and how easy it is to get around to the Chicago attractions? Have not booked yet because I just want to make sure we make the right decision. Tripadvisor reviews of the James Hotel itself seem really positive so I hope it's a correct match. We are interested in going to the Lincoln Park Zoo for sure but have not really made an itinerary for what we want to see & do & eat while we're there- open to suggestions from people in the know! :)

We are staying by the airport for a couple of nights first due to a business obligation and had been playing around with the idea of renting a car but now we've been told by several people that it's better to just take the El Train and cabs to get around instead so we don't have to deal with traffic & parking. Is that the general consensus here? Where's the best place to get information on how to navigate the city via public transportation? What routes to take? What stops to get off at? We're Californians who don't know the meaning of public transportation unfortunately. Is it difficult to travel on the El Train with our luggage? And is it reliable and on time since we will have to catch a 2:45pm plane back to California on the 7th?

Thanks for the help!

daydreamer3,

Can you please follow-up your previous Hotwire Chicago Airport thread with whatever you ended up deciding for that stay... even if not booked thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, please add a reply with what plans you made for that stay so as to 'close' that thread.

Then please start a NEW TOPIC for your 5/5-5/7 stay.

The above will keep the board more orderly and organized as well as make all the information easier for people to find.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]