Priceline Hotel: 2* and 2.5* San Antonio (NW, Med Cntr, Airport)

Skeet
By Skeet,
in

I needed one room in San Antonio for the listed weekend (Fri and Sat nights). I don't know if something was happening that had occupancy high that weekend, but I had no success with the following bids which seemed high compared to what others reported in the past for these zones:

Using free rebid zones I bid for 2* up through $58, willing to accept Northwest, Med Center, and Airport zones. No luck.

Using a couple of additional free rebid zones for 2.5*, I bid the same three zones up through $100, at which point I gave up and booked a room another way.

Anybody know if San Antonio has just gone up in price that much, or if I just hit an exceptionally busy weekend??

I believe direct booking rate at that Hyatt was $139-$149 for those weekend nights.

Other rates I was finding were for hotels like Travelodge, Rodeway Inn, and other such 1* properties, and most were running in the $70's and $80's and up. Rather pricey for what can often be rather nasting lodging.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]