Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile-Streeterville) Conrad Hilton

cztravellover
By cztravellover,
in

My first time on this site....I would like to book thru the links on this site. I have never booked a hotel with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE before. Going to Chicago for my 50th birthday with my 2 adult children (18 &21) and possibly one of their friends.

I would like to make sure the hotel can accomodate 3-4 adults (2 beds, queen beds if possible, or a king and a pull out couch). A pool would be nice. Would like a hot tub but those seem hard to come by. Looking for good location to Mag Mile for best price.

Would it be better to check hotwire for 2 adults and ask for 2 beds later (cheaper price and more selection of hotels), or just take the choices they offer for 3-4 adults (limited offerings)?

I haven't tried priceline because you can only specifc 2 adults, but don't know if that is a problem to have 3-4 adults later by calling the hotel.

Here is what I find on Hotwire for 2 adults:

4.5-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville

Customer Favorite/Best Value

$142/night - you save $139.

Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant(s), High-speed Internet Access

Trip Advisor 4.5/5.0, Based on 180+ reviews, Last reviewed March 2008

4-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville

Best Value

$129/night - you save $76.80

Trip Advisor 3.5/5.0, Based on 180+ reviews, Last reviewed March 2008

3-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville

$109/night - you save $65.00

Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant(s), High-speed Internet Access, Pool(s), Laundry

Trip Advisor 3.5/5.0, Based on 80+ reviews, Last reviewed March 2008

Here is what I find on Hotwire for 3 or 4 adults:

$265/night - retail $281 (yikes! too high of a price)

Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant(s), High-speed Internet Access, Pool(s)

Trip Advisor 4.0/5.0, Based on 180+ reviews, Last reviewed March 2008

3-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville

$112/night - retail $221.50/you save $109.50

Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant(s), High-speed Internet Access, Pool(s), Laundry

Trip Advisor 3.5/5.0, Based on 80+ reviews, Last reviewed March 2008

This seems like it might be the same hotel as the 3-star quoted for 2 adults, just a slight higher price when I put in 3 or 4 adults.

Thank you sooo much for your help and recommendations.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you book thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE (and with the latter only include 2 people on your search) you could receive a room with only one bed... so it's a risk you have to decide if you're willing to take. The hotel may not have a room with two beds available, may not be willing to give you such a room, or may charge extra to change to a room with two beds (all which would be within their right since you only booked for two people). Some book double occupancy when they'll be more and it works out fine... but sometimes it doesn't. It's a little less risky in family oriented areas (such as Orlando) where they're geared toward family vacations and many rooms are set up to accomodate quad occupancy, and is usually a little riskier in large cities where rooms tend to be a little smaller than usual and are focussed on the solo business traveler.

I travel now with two small children (both under 5 years old) and would book PRICELINE for one room, knowing that i could have an issue which i'll need to deal with at the time, but won't be doing it once the kids are older and 'adult' aged.

With the above noted, let us know your thoughts. If you want to play it safe and book the number of guests you'll acutally have, it seems as if the only real option above is the 3* in the Mag Mile-Streeterville zone, which is a match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza so that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if you have any questions/comments regarding the above and we'll advise accordingly.

PS- happy 50th :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I am coming to the same conclusion regarding what appears to be the Holiday Inn on Hotwire. Just one more question - What do you think of the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza? I am finding mixed reviews. Location is not as ideal as say the Chicago City Center (where you get 2 queen beds instead of 2 double beds at the Holiday Inn) or the Hard Rock hotel which would be a fun place. People seem to think the Holiday Inn Plaza Mart is "okay". What do you think? I see some people got the Hard Rock thru Hotwire for some of the dates I am looking at, but I'm sure they put in for 2 people. Decisons, decisions! I plan to book in the next day or so. Thanks for your help!

From what i've read if you can get it for the right price it represents some good value, but i have on personal experience with this property. AaronJB is our local expert in this area and hopefully will chim in with some thoughts.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After researching, if it is the Holiday Inn Plaza Mart, I think I only want it as a last resort. In the meantime, my number of people in a room is now 2 or 3. I found it interesting that someone posted getting the Intercontinental for 3 people/1 room for $159 for 5/10-5/15. I would love to get the Intercontinental or the Hard Rock.

Can anyone identify these choices from Hotwire? Thank you, thank you!

On Hotwire for 2 adults/1 room:

$142/night - you save $139.

Trip Advisor 4.5/5.0, Based on 180+ reviews, Last reviewed March 2008

Best Value

$129/night - you save $76.80

Trip Advisor 3.5/5.0, Based on 180+ reviews, Last reviewed March 2008

On Hotwire for 3 adults/1room:

$186/night - save 10% - Retail $205.80, you save 205.80

Trip Advisor 4.0/5.0, Based on 120+ reviews, Last reviewed March 2008

The 4.5* Mag Mile appears to be the Conrad, given the 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating (had it shown pool and been a lower tripadvisor rating, I'd have thought it was the Intercon)

The 4* Mag Mile appears to be the Hard Rock.

The different 4* Mag Mile that comes up with 3 adults would appear to be the Westin River North, given the customer favorite notation.

I'd agree with thereuare on the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza being really only an option if you're looking for a bargain and the hotwire rate's cheap.

I'd certainly go with the potential Conrad out of the bunch.

I had three confirmations (one here and two on trip advisor) that the first one I listed was the Conrad Hilton and all three recommended it.

I have now booked it on HOTWIRE (using the link on this site!) and it is indeed the Conrad for $142/night.

This was my first time using HOTWIRE and I think I will be glad I did. Thanks to everyone who responded to my pleas for help.

You guys and this site are awesome!

Another good thing to do if you want 2 beds - call ahead! Depending on time I usually call the hotel a few days after booking to request a 2 bed room and then confirm again a day or 2 before leaving, always putting it in as a request because they aren't obligated.

I've had success pretty much everytime that way getting 2 beds.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]