Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

cityfishing
By cityfishing,
in

• 1 month later...

Only my name was on the reservation but I was unable to checkin in the afternoon. I gave my wife a copy of the confirmation and my driver's license so she could check in. The front desk clerk would not allow her to check in on my reservation without the actual credit card that I used on Priceline. She had to check in under her name and credit card and we had to switch it over to my PL reservation later that evening.

Only took 10 minutes to do this but I don't understand their policy of seeing the actual credit card used on PL. The drivers license should be enough. Hotel doesn't get paid with my credit card but with PL's. We had to put a credit card on file for incidentals but that doesn't have to match the one used on PL.

Is this policy common for checking in?

I think it was more so the clerk insisting that the name of the person who's name is on the reservation be the one to check-in.

I don't believe the hotel gets your credit card information, but given the difference in sex between you and your wife they could easily tell that she wasn't you.

Since the reservation is non-tranferable/non-changable, the hotel was trying to make sure you didn't give away or re-sell your reservation.

That's my guess if i'm understanding the story correctly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Supposedly they just needed my credit card. We went back to the same clerk that my wife originally saw. She knew that I paid my PL reservation with a MasterCard. I asked her if I had given my wife my card, would she have been able to check in? She said yes. So PL probably gives them my cc info too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]