Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental The Barclay

imero
By imero,
in

My wife and I will be in NYC from Sunday, 7/27/08, through Saturday, 8/2/08, and are looking for bidding assistance for a 4* hotel. I prefer not to split up our bid.

We have previously stayed in MTE at The Barclay and enjoyed the hotel and location, but wouldn

It's your trip and you know your needs best, so i certainly don't want to stear you into an area that you'd rather not stay, but i do think that at the 4* level bidding MTE, MTW, UM-CPS, and Times Square (and often even MTS) are all 'fine'... but it's really up to you, and i'm not really sure what you want to do since you say that zone is more important than price.

Do you want to bid all the zones mentioned in this thread (inlcuding MTS?)

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate your prompt response and input. I'd be happy bidding in MTE, MTW, UM-CPS and TS. However, I'm not planning on bidding MTS. I really don't have any concrete plans other than enjoying some good meals and watching a show or two.

I look forward to your strategy suggestions.

Given the time before your stay i would currently cap my bidding at $160, but if you're the type that prefer to have something done and move o then $180 is fine as well. We'll suggest a strategy that goes up to $180, but you can stop at $160 if you're willing to be patient. Summer is a slow time so rates should (pending any high demand events for your dates) be low, but this may be compounded by the length of your stay, but give the following a try and we'll take it from there...

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access using our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW...

Select 4* Times Square...

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access using our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* Times Square and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access using our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and Times Square...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access using our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW and UM-CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access using our link to PRICELINE

If you want to continue...

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM-CPS and Times Square...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180.

Any questions feel free to aks.

If the above is rejected and you want to book a 4* hotel as a back-up (wasn't sure i you wanted your back-up to be a 4* at a higher price or a lower star rated hotel closest to your $180 price) you could book the Fitzpatrick Grand Central for $249/nite thru Quickbook which gets great reviews.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how the bidding goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

thereuare:

i've been bidding up to $150 with no luck. i'll probably bump up my bids to $160 in the near future. if that doesn't succeed then i'll bump my bids up to $180 once our trip is closer. since our trip is so far out i'm in no rush to secure a hotel. i've been bidding through your PRICELINE link and will keep you posted.

I forgot to mention above (have sinced edited) that the Fitzpatrick Grand Central is thru Quickbook if you want to use that as a cancellable back-up (please use our Quikbook link if you do reserve this as a back-up)

Keep us updated and thank you using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

• 2 months later...

4* NYC (MTE) Inter-Continental The Barclay, $140. Thereuare will you please help me update the title of the post?

WOOHOO! I have been following Thereuare's bidding strategy since April and didn't have any luck until today. Just 2 days ago (July 14, 2008) I bid up to $180 with no luck. I tried my luck after seeing a winning post for The Barclay for $140 for a stay very close to mine. I got it on the first bid.

Bid via PRICELINE link.

Many thanks to all who contribute to this forum. It saved me a ton of dough.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see your patience and persistence pay off in a big way! Happy to hear of your success and that the board was helpful in your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

As i often mention for guests in ths area, give Ess-A-Bagel a try for breakfast one (or two) morning... a great NYC bagel whcih makes for an inexpensive breakfast among the locals.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]