Priceline Hotel: Strategy Help for Strip 5*

cdn_shopper
By cdn_shopper,
in

Hi there,

My friends want to get a room in Vegas. They want to stay in either the Hotel or Venetian or Palazzo. Something 5* for sure. I think the regular price for a room at the Hotel is $500/night that weekend and then for Venetian it's about $259 and Palazzo is $299. My friend's budgets are probably up to $200. What do you think we should start at.

There isn't any chance if we pick 5* that they'll get lower room class right?

I know you have used PRICELINE before, but to make sure we're on the same page...

As long as it's 5 star and on the strip
The hotel will be 5 star rated as per PRICELINE's criteria and judgement. As well, the hotel can be anywhere within the shaded region of the zone(s) that you bid. While i can't think of any hotel(s) in the strip zone that would be considered 5 stars and off the strip, the zone does indeed 'stray' a little off of the strip. So while i'm doubtful you'll receive a 5* hotel that is not on the strip, there could always be some new hotel that PRICELINE considers to be 5 stars that has not yet been reported to the board, and it could be within the strip zone but not directly on the strip. The Westin is an example of a 4* hotel that is in the South Strip zone, but not directly on the strip.

Are you ok with the above and want to try bidding on PRICELINE?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes we are okay with any of the 5 stars.

We started bidding already and I believe someone else got the same counter offer. We started at 160 with the north strip and then were offered $256 and my friend (who the room is for is going to keep trying). Rooms are only getting pricier, as shown with a room at the Monte Carlo for $170 or 180.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am replying to this because we never did get a room through Priceline/Hotwire. My friends, like all of them so far, have decided to forgo because they were scared and just booked through the site. I am sure they ended up paying a large sum for that weekend as there were some fights going on and something else. And I was using the links on here to start off.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]