Priceline Hotel: 4* St Catharines-Niagara (Niagara Falls) Sheraton on the Falls

rapattack
By rapattack,
in

I'd suggest that you research existing rates for Saturday night. Especially doublecheck for esaver/weekend kind of rates that may have just been released to fill inventory (for Marriott promo code "MEB" sometimes works). The thing is, sometimes you can get decent retail rates depending on hotel occupancy/inventory. (This website has very convenient links to most hotel chains, travel sites.) Once you determine the current 4-star rates for Saturday, then you also know your bidding maximum -- i.e. if Marriott has a $99 weekend rate, you wouldn't want to go much above a $90 bid given PL's built-in fees. You'd be surprised -- often folks get into the bidding excitement (ala eBay) where there is the potential to pay more than the current rate (that's why you need to do some research using the hotel's own website et al).

Before bidding, also take a gander at this board's winning bid list -- sometime you can get some excellent strategic info as far as pricepoint, most likely hotels, etc (I just did this for a successful Montreal bid).

Good luck,,,hope this helps.

Thanks for your post travelalot!

I ended up getting.

$80 4* Sheraton at the Falls April 5th, 2008 - April 6 2008 (Two rooms total 190.46 total)

What I did:

Select 4* Niagara Falls...

Bid 58, rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid 62, rejected close brower and re-access priceline through forum

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2...

Bid $66, rejected add re-bid zone1(asked for $16 more)

Bid $72, rejected close brower and re-access priceline through forum

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone3...

Bid $76, rejected. Add re-bid zone1... (Asked for 22 dollars more)

Bid $80, Accepted

Thanks for everyone's help.

If I want to request one bed for per room, do I just phone the hotel directly? What are the chances I will get it?

Anyways G'luck everyone!

Posted this in another thread, but thought this would follow along with the other accepted offer threads.

I ended up getting.

$80 4* Sheraton at the Falls April 5th, 2008 - April 6 2008 (Two rooms total 190.46 total)

What I did:

Select 4* Niagara Falls...

Bid 58, rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid 62, rejected close brower and re-access priceline through forum

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2...

Bid $66, rejected add re-bid zone1(asked for $16 more)

Bid $72, rejected close brower and re-access priceline through forum

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone3...

Bid $76, rejected. Add re-bid zone1... (Asked for 22 dollars more)

Bid $80, Accepted

Thanks for everyone's help.

If I want to request one bed for per room, do I just phone the hotel directly? What are the chances I will get it?

Anyways G'luck everyone!

Congratualtions on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

Yes, you can call the hotel now and ask that they enter your room preference(s) on the reservation. Whether you get it will depend upon a number of factors, the greatest being occupancy levels of the hotel. Usually you can get such requests honored, but ultimately it depends upon what is available at the time you check-in.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks for the post... enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]