Priceline Hotel: 4* Trenton-Princeton (Princeton-Monmouth Junction) Westin

MJL065
By MJL065,
in

4* Trenton Princeton area of New Jersey - Westin?

Posts last Fall show this to be the Westin. I really dont see how it could be anything else, but I dont see a recent post.

If priceline's regular bookings (not "Name Your Own Price") show other hotels at 3*, can they be 4* on "Name Your Own Price"?

The Marriott and Hyatt Regency are 3*, but are as expensive (shelf rate) as the Westin, but the priceline regular site only shows the Westin as 4*in the immediate area or any surrounding area. This seems like it is a no risk situation.

We have a small pet and must get the Westin or the money will be wasted. It's a gamble but I dont see how this could be anything but the Westin.

What should we do?

It's a gamble...

Yes, it's a gamble... caculate the risk vs. the potential savings and how you will feel if you get a different property which can't accomodate your pet.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please note that if you ultimately book direct we also have a link to the Westin in our support page

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, what I meant was:

Can priceline's STAR rating for a hotel differ from their direct hotel booking offering to their "Name Your Own Price"?

There are several hotels in Princeton, NEw Jersey that are considered 4-star, but priceline only conisiders the Westin as 4-star.

Priceline has been consistent for us, but I'm worried about them changing here.

I know of one instance where the star rating was different between the 'retail' product and the 'name your own price' product, and it was due to a lag in one product updating the star rating (a few weeks later they were the same). However, the user complained to PRICELINE and was unsuccessful in getting them to refund the purchase.

but priceline only conisiders the Westin as 4-star.
Not sure what you're basing this upon, but as mentioned in one of your other threads, don't use the retail product to determine what's available thru the 'name your own price' product (not sure if that's what you're doing here, but i mention it in case that's the exercise you're going thru)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

We bid $103 for two rooms, and got the Westin, Princeton, NJ, 4/10 (check-out on the 11th). It offered us to extend our stay and we chose to go back a night and pick up the 9th. It wouldn't take it, but offered us a chance to up our bid for the 9th to $121 and we took that. The retail sites had over $200 for both those nights.

Since the 3rd night (Friday) was cheaper on the retail sites ($129), we decided a few days later to bid on that night lower. After a few unsuccessful attempts, we finally got the third night (two rooms again) for $81.

The hotel was fine. It is a little dated but the staff is extremely friendly and the rooms were large. The lobby area is very nice and the restaurant is (Japanese Steak House) is great. We ate there both nights. I would recommend this hotel.

We were very happy and will stay there again.

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]