Priceline Hotel: 3* Montreal (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

First of all, I wanted to say a big thank you to Sputter1234 and this board in general on my successful bids. I've been dilligently bidding on Montreal for Memorial Day weekend for several months, with a back-up Holiday Inn Select $99/night reservation and knowing that the 4-star rate can wildly vary and the 3-star zone has the Doubletree danger. Have mostly bid at 4-stars, going as high as $85...started in the $50s with 3-stars and had to rebid every day or so (no free rebid zones).

When I saw Sputter1234's success for the Hyatt Regency -- regarded by many as a 4-star -- I began in the $60s (60, 63, 66 and then 68) for only the weekend days (Fri May 23-Mon May 26). This is because many hotels offer PL different inventory for weekend nights than weekday nights. Reinforcing my mindset/strategy was that the Hyatt shows a $244/night retail rate and the Doubletree (shudder) was hovering at around $150/night.

The details of my bids:

• Accepted @ $68/night for May 23, 24, 25
  • Rejected for same rate for Mon May 26 on the "add a night" feature -- counteroffered $77 for the same hotel
  • Accepted @ $77 for May 26

This saved about $135-140 over my existing back-up hotel, even with the extra costs for the last night ($9 more for the room, plus PL's hidden $8-9 fee in the "taxes and fees") and knowing that some rates (incl PL inventory) may go down a bit in the next month. The peace of mind in knowing I'll be staying at a top centrally located hotel makes it all worth it. I couldn't have succeeded on this calculated bid without this board and Sputter1234's info!

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear the information on the board proved to be helpful for your bidding strategy and ultimate purchase.

The Priceline Calendar of Wins requires that there only be one win posted per thread, can you please start a NEW TOPIC to reflect your second purchase for the solo nite of 5/26... thanks.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]