Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami Dwntn Rejected $130

peacechik
By peacechik,
in

I have some time so I thought I'd try lowballing some bids for our pre-cruise stay in Miami. Hyatt is sold out-- Intercontinental would be great. Intercont website shows $349 for that night but I thought I saw the Intercontinental show up on hotwire yesterday for $249, so I bid up to $130--3 rms. all rejected. Will try again closer to our dates as we have cancelable backups for $170 at the MIA Summerfield Suites. Anyone know if you have less chance with 3 rooms?

Multiple rooms is usually a non-issue, but when it is an issue, it hurts rather than helps since the hotel willing to accept the lowest bid amount needs to be offering multiple rooms at that price (instead of just one, or in your case, two)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Can anyone help me ID Miami Downtown 3* for $169. No identifying hotel icons. It says there are 40+ reviews on tripadvisor as of March 2008 with a ranking of 3.0 out of 5.0. I'm looking for 5/24. Thought maybe it was the Hilton (former Radisson), but last I checked Hilton shows sold out as does Holiday Inn for that date.

Thanks so much,

Peace

I see one for $185 and a "retail" of $203. Does that sound like it? It could be a hotel that is new to the HOTWIRE game, but going for it, would be kind of risky. It would be like doing PRICELINE, but knowing the accepting rate. So unless you want to take a big risk, I would suggest passing on this one.

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

Jason's Storm: It's actually showing $169 for 5/24 - one night, last I checked. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thereuare: It is for the same stay. Was hoping to get Intercontinental, but with no luck on priceline at 4 star downtown. I have a backup at the Summerfield Suites MIA airport for $139/night, but would love to stay closer to the port. Was considering trying 3 star downtown and saw this on hotwire--thought I'd try to find out what it was. I know there's a hip hop fest in Miami (plus it's Memorial Day weekend), so maybe that's why a lot of hotels are sold out.

I do use your links. Thank you.

Was hoping to get Intercontinental...

I don't know what the 3* with no amenities for $169/nite is, but if you search HOTWIRE for your nite above there is a 4* hotel for $179 (just $10 more than the 3* rated hotel... Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry) which is a match for the Inter-Continental and that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if you go with the above and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid again last night, but only up to $90 for MIA downtown 4* - 5/24 on Priceline--rejected no surprise. Talked to the other folks in our party (we need three rooms) and they don't want to spring for the Intercontinental for $179 on HOTWIRE, so I'll hold on to our cancelable backup and see if anyone nets out with a PRICELINE win at the Intercont. for less or I may try bidding again next week.

Used your PRICELINE link.

Thanks for your help.

Call me a cruise pooper, but if I simply wanted a place to stay night before cruise, I'd include looking around the airport (I have done this several times). for example, I got a room via PL for around $65 two years ago, mid june at the Sofitel which was pretty nice, and I got a rental car for $40.

If you have your heart set on down town, try adding south beach area for a rebid as I bet that area is more pricey and you will be more likely to end up with something down town. If you have a car, parking there is usually expensive.

Also, I suggest that you consider booking something that is refundable asap as a back up. The closer you get to the date you want to stay, the better the possible price. I have even booked rooms via PL the day I was going to check in and gotten great deals. Consider it a game of chicken, but rooms are perishable, eh? So watch the calender, make your bids carefully and resist the temptation to overbid.

When it comes to 3* hotels in MIA/FLL, I have always been happy with what I got (more than I can say about other places) so good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]