Netherlands Amsterdam Moevenpick City Center

slainte
By slainte,
in

We just got back from 3 nights at the Moevenpick City Center Amsterdam. I was my first priceline hotel (won at $137). We thought it was great. I was very impressed. we couldn't have received a warmer or more welcoming reception even though we were traveling with our big, lopey teen boys. They automatically put us on the top floor. Breakfast was included and you couldn't have asked for more-they had everything! They had free computers to use in the lobby, free fitness club and sauna, free shuttle to Central Station. The bar was nice. Lovely spacious (for Europe) rooms.

They did not provide robes or slippers, no trouser press and you had to order a minibar (just as well). It is in a very up-and-coming modern section of the city but very accessible. You can even start canal tours from the passenger terminal next door. Also, on the other side of the hotel is the new Muziekbouw concert venue and the Bimhuis jazz center. They have free events as well as gigs and is a fabulous venue.

This new area of Amsterdam is still under construction, so be aware of that but we really enjoyed it! If you are into libraries, definitely check out the new Bibliotecka nearby. Incredible facility!

• 2 years later...

We were at this hotel 3-7 July 2010, which was won at Priceline +3 months ahead of time at US$76/night plus charges (no breakfast included). Building is accessible from Amsterdam Centraal, there are two trams that can take you there #25 and #26 in less than 5 minutes.

It was always going to be a busy week because a large European conference was on, and when we arrived the hotel was fully booked (I tried unsuccessfully to get a room for my mother who decided to tag along at the last minute). I was expecting to get a second rate room (if that's possible in such a new looking building), but I'm pleased to say we were treated very well. Room was quite high up the building and faced the city. A built-in sofa with movable cushions along the window wall is designed to maximise the view, I had nice evenings watching the day turn into night (which in summer is a long time). Bathroom was well appointed and spacious (for Dutch standards).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]