Netherlands Amsterdam Courtyard Schiphol Airport

mrxow
By mrxow,
in

This is another hotel I stayed at on a PL reservation several years ago. It has already been reported, so I wasn't going to bother posting a win, but there are some issues I thought I should share. It is certainly a nice enough hotel. It seems to me that the zone map has changed a little. This hotel is definitely a mile west of the Amsterdam airport zone border. And it isn't showing up on the PL retail side for the Amsterdam airport zone on the test searches I made.

If you are bidding in this area, this might be important because if you got it, maybe you could make a stink and get upgraded to something better. Also there is no free shuttle. It is 7 euros one way, and you need a reservation, and I am not sure you can even get the shuttle to pick you up at the airport. It may only go one way to the airport. So that leaves you with a 50 dollar taxi ride. Or if the public transport bus can get you within about a quarter mile of the place for 5 bucks (that is what we did).

I wonder if the transportation issues and distance made them exclude this hotel from the zone and move the zone border...

It is fine for an overnight. It is no good for a tourist unless you have a car, and even though it is out in the boonies they charge, a lot, to park.

The google map location shown for this hotel at the time of me writing this is wrong. The map link on the Marriott site had it right. The google map location points to a spot which IS within the Airport zone, but the hotel is not there! It is a mile northwest of the zone border.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]