Hotwire Hotel: WDW - April 12th - April 18th

Sam375
By Sam375,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This matches the Best Western Lakeside and the Ramada Inn so either of these would be our best guess.

It also is the same amenities as what was previously the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird, which is now a Home Suite Home (which has not yet been reported as a participating HOTWIRE hotel) so that would be a distant third guess, but the other two seem more likely.

Are these the hotel(s) you were thinking?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again, In your opinion what are the odds that this hotel with the stated amenities including the $5.00 resort fee is the Best Western Lakeside as opposed to the other two hotels you mentioned as possibles?

Thanks, we really want the Lakeside and really don't want the Ramada.

p.s. The hotel shows up some times when I search my dates and other times it doesn't. Any idea why?

HOTWIRE only shows the least expensive hotel at each star rating in a given zone. If two hotels are very close in price, they'll randomly show each on a given search.

I can't say the odds of it being the Best Western vs. the other possible properties. Given that one shows the $5 resort fee and one does not, those are likely different properties too.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for clearing that up about the change in hotels that makes perfect sense.

To the best of your knowledge has the Ramada Inn ever been reported to have a $5.00 resort fee disclosure on Hotwire? It seems as though this fee is the uncommon denominator which likely differentiates the two hotel possibilities. I realize there are no guarantees but I was hoping for your normal response like "This is a match for the *&(*&*^&%% and that would be our best guess". Instead it's my bad luck that I got two maybe three possibilities. Although everything tells me it's the Best Western Lakeside I just can't get passed the idea that you the expert aren't sure so how could I possibly be sure....... I guess the fact that I haven't booked it yet tells you I'm not as sure as I would like to be.

Samantha

The Ramada has only been reported a handful of times on the board, and the Home Suite Home hasn't yet been reported under that brand (only under its predecessor owner), so if you're pressing for the 'chances', i'd say the odds favor this being the Best Western Lakeside, but can't put a percentage on it.

Sam375,

have you tried searching for 3 adults or 2 + 2, 3 + 1 etc.

YelloDog.

Hi, It's not a matter of not being able to search and find the hotel I believe to be the BW Lakeside on Hotwire (the one with the $5.00 resort fee). The problem is I don't know for sure if the $5.00 resort fee is exclusive to the Best Western Lakeside. I googled the Ramada Inn and found mention of a $2.95 resort fee online. However, I did not find any information on the Ramada website. The BW Lakeside's resort fee is actually $3.95 per their website. So I guess I just don't know for sure. I don't know what to do. Could be either one. Any suggestions?

I feel strongly about which hotel I DON'T want to get. Which I guess is the same thing you are saying and I agree with you but dammit I just can't help feeling that HOTWIRE is playing a little game of deception here. The BW Lakeside has been reported as being booked both with all the amenities listed and other times with just four of them. Something just doesn't ring true. Is someone at the wheel just forgetting to include all of the amenities? I think not. If HOTWIRE is going to give their potential customers a clue as to which hotel they may be getting i.e; a list of amenities than it should be an accurate list. That's all I'm saying.

If HOTWIRE is going to give their potential customers a clue as to which hotel they may be getting i.e; a list of amenities than it should be an accurate list. That's all I'm saying.
Is is accurate... it just may not be a complete list of all the amenities offered.

Add a new amenity combination to the list, as of this latest report of the Best Western Lakeside

You're purchasing an opaque hotel and should make your decision based upon the amenities shown.

If you choose to take your research a step further and try to determine what hotel you might receive (and many of us do), that's your perogative, but if you can't figure it out because there are too many 'similar looking' hotels in the area, that doesn't make it unfair.

There are a few hotels that don't show any amenity icons, and i'm sure it negatively affects their revenue and the number of hotels they sell thru HOTWIRE, but it is their right to do so.

HOTWIRE guarantees that the hotel will have the amenities shown... nowhere does it state that every amenity offered by the hotel needs to be shown. Most hotels these days offer hi-speed internet access, yet there are still many hotels thru HOTWIRE that don't show this amenity icon (even at the 3* and 4* levels)... are these hotels misleading consumers? I don't think so... it's just an added bonus when you arrive at the hotel that this service is offered.

If HOTWIRE is going to give their potential customers a clue as to which hotel they may be getting i.e; a list of amenities than it should be an accurate list. That's all I'm saying.

I don't think that by listing amenities hotwire intends to give their customers a clue as to which hotel they may be getting, even though we use it to help make an educated guess. The price of a discounted rate through HOTWIRE is that we take a chance on which hotel we'll get.

You're purchasing an opaque hotel and should make your decision based upon the amenities shown.

If you choose to take your research a step further and try to determine what hotel you might receive (and many of us do), that's your perogative, but if you can't figure it out because there are too many 'similar looking' hotels in the area, that doesn't make it unfair.

There are a few hotels that don't show any amenity icons, and i'm sure it negatively affects their revenue and the number of hotels they sell thru HOTWIRE, but it is their right to do so.

HOTWIRE guarantees that the hotel will have the amenities shown... nowhere does it state that every amenity offered by the hotel needs to be shown. Most hotels these days offer hi-speed internet access, yet there are still many hotels thru HOTWIRE that don't show this amenity icon (even at the 3* and 4* levels)... are these hotels misleading consumers? I don't think so... it's just an added bonus when you arrive at the hotel that this service is offered.

I'm assuming based on the above statements that you have first hand knowledge of how Hotwire does business and it is indeed the hotel that instructs hotwire which amenities to list on any given day. Having said that my question is why? Why would the BW Lakeside ask Hotwire to display all of their amenities sometimes and only four other times, keeping in mind that the $5.00 resort fee bate is on the line in both scenarios? If your response is "it's their perogative" than please don't bother responding because it just doesn't make sense.

If you're going to be rude then don't bother replying either as your post(s) will be removed... we have very few rules here, but one of them is BE NICE (especially to those trying to help you). Unless i'm missing something, I think every post or comment in this thread was an attempt to assit you and everyone who has replied treated you with respect.... they/we deserve the same.

I think timetraveler's reply said it even better than i did:

I don't think that by listing amenities hotwire intends to give their customers a clue as to which hotel they may be getting, even though we use it to help make an educated guess. The price of a discounted rate through HOTWIRE is that we take a chance on which hotel we'll get.

HOTWIRE doesn't advertise: "We'll show you the amenities so that you can guess which hotel you'll receive" but rather their business model is designed to provide travellers with deep discounts in exchange for being flexible in the hotel they will receive. As many guests require certain amenities from their hotel stays (traveling with kids and need a pool, on business and need internet access, prefer a hotel with complimentary breakfast, etc), the amenties are provided as a means to help you make a decision between the hotels offered so that you can choose one which will satisfy your needs.

Hotels are in business for one reason and one reason only, to make money. Why would the BW Lakeside ask Hotwire to only display a portion of their amenities? I can't speak for all travelers but for myself, all things being equall, I would be inclined to book a hotel room which offered more amenities vs fewer. Therefore, I don't buy into the idea that Hotwire flip flopps the list of amenities for the BW Lakeside in order to appeal to the needs of a wider range of travelers. I for one wouldn't book what has been posted on this forum to be the BW Lakeside with 4 amenities and a $5.00 resort fee because I would have no recourse in the event I received let's say the Ramada Inn. That's why they do what they do and this forum actually serves their needs by planting the seed. So long. I'm going to PRICELINE

I for one wouldn't book what has been posted on this forum to be the BW Lakeside with 4 amenities and a $5.00 resort fee because I would have no recourse in the event I received let's say the Ramada Inn

Of course you wouldn't have any recourse, as they never said it was the BW Lakeside... they only told you the amenities the hotel has. If you received a hotel that didn't offer the amenities advertised then you would have recourse, but if you take a guess as to the hotel you would receive and you're wrong, then it would be silly to think that HOTWIRE would owe you anything.

You're trying to use HOTWIRE for something it is not, so it's probably best to just move on.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]