Priceline Hotel: Puerto Rico hotel help

sbh
By sbh,
in

Hello!

Thanks for this great website. I have spent the past day or so trying to get updated on your tips and strategies, but nonetheless and scared to place my first bid (i am a priceline virgin). So, I am planning on going to Puerto Rico with a friend on April 3rd-April 8th. She wants to stay in Old San Juan for the shopping and culture and I prefer to stay by a beach, I was thinking the Caribe Hilton might be a good compromise, and I see that people have secured it for $65 which would be great! We are looking probably for more of a fun atmosphere.

Any advice for us and for bidding strategies?

Thanks!

Hi - just a quick update, since last night i tried $65 up to $80 for 'boutiques' and 'resorts' in the San Juan area with additional free re-bids in several areas with not much luck. We would consider splitting up our time (half at a resort, half somewhere else) if that would make this work better. What would be the best strategy for bidding/ splitting up our dates? Thanks for your help!

Welcome to betterbidding. :)

Make sure to use the links on here and support the site.

Sometimes stays starting Saturday night can give you fewer options, so you might not want to split up your weekend stay if you do decide to make separate bids. If any hotel doesn't have availability on one night of your stay, you won't be able to get it, so splitting might make sense if you are having trouble.

Changing your dates around and bidding to 3 star in hopes of getting a place in Old San Juan would allow you to make a lot more bids per day, too. Maybe shoot for the 3 star hotel portion of your stay first, then bid only to resort on the rest, whether it be the first or second part, so you can be on the beach.

You might want to look at the weather report, too, first, since it is getting close enough to maybe see what you might experience and determine from that which days you want to be in a hotel and which days you want to be on the beach.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]