Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) The Benjamin

toothmom
By toothmom,
in

Hello again! You have been so helpful in the past, and now I am trying to determine a strategy for bidding on priceline for our upcoming stay for myself and my 12 year old 4/24-4/28. We would prefer, in order, MTW,TS, MTE, and would like (wishful thinking?) to stay below $200/night- 3,3.5 or 4 stars...am willing to go up to $250, however. Suggestions for bidding stategy? Thanks!

What is more important... price or zone? (ie- would you prefer a more expensive hotel in MTW or a less expensive hotel in MTE)

Are you looking to bid up to your maximum bid for a 4* and then try for a lower star rated hotel OR are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better hotel for this stay?

Is there a reason you're not including the UM-CPS and/or MTS zones in your bidding?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Price is my primary, location next. I didn't include UM or CPS b/c I figure they are further from most attractions and would rather not spend time on the subway and would prefer walking mostly. I think I would try up to my Max bid for a 4* but don't want to price too high for a 3* if that doesn't work out. Is this unrealistic?

Thanks again!

Sorry we didn't get back to you within 3 hours :)

I didn't include UM or CPS b/c I figure they are further from most attractions and would rather not spend time on the subway and would prefer walking mostly.
Have you been to NYC before? You're not going to be able to walk everywhere and you will need to rely on transportation (be it subway, bus, or taxi) to get from area to area (besides, the subway is fast, giving you more time to see more things. I can assure you that by taking the subways you will still be doing a LOT of walking.

It's up to you if you'd like to add this other areas or not, but i would definately include UM-CPS and probably MTS too... especially if price is a factor.

Let us know if you want to add either/both of these additional zones and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry if you thought I was impatient, but I'd been working on this since 1pm and really wanted to bid on this yesterday since I had set aside the day to do so....

I have been to NYC many times, but not my 12 year old who prefers staying above ground and walking or taking cabs as much as possible. We can certainly add UM-CPS (would be my 1st choice), but MTS is further from where we'd like to keep as our home base, if possible. Thanks again.

It's not entirely clear if you want to go up to $200 or $250 for a 4* hotel before considering a 3*, so we'll star with $200 and we can cross the next bridge when we get there.

At the 4* level in NYC you have four re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Times Square...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Select 4* UM-CPS...

Select 4* Times Square and MTW...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM-CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Times Square and MTE...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM-CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Times Square and UM-CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM-CPS and Times Square...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please help identify the following for travel dates 4/24-4/28

4* MTE amenities: Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, HiSpd Internet, tennis=Grand Hyatt?

3.5* MTE amenities: Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, HSpd Internet=Doubletree or Tudor @UN?

4* Central Park area amenities: Boutique, Fitness and HiSpd Internet=Empire?

3.5* Central Park area amenities: Boutique, Fitness,Business Center and HiSpd internet=?

3.5 MTC amenities: Fitness, Restaurant, HiSpd Internet=Club Quarters or Novotel or Hudson?

3* MTC amenities: Fitness, Business Center,laundry, kitchenette, HiSpd Internet= Buckingham?

Many Thanks!

I cannot seem to identify some of the following for my dates on Hotwire:

MTE

3* Fitness, Restaurant, High Speed Internet $239 (Radisson Lexington?)

3.5* Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet $209 (Doubletree or Tudor @UN?)

4* Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet, Tennis $269 (Intercontinental?)

MTC

3* Fitness, Business Center, High Speed Internet, kitchenette $239 (Buckingham?)

3.5* Fitness, Restaurant, High Speed Internet $219 (Novotel or Hudson?)

UM-CPS

4* Boutique, Fitness, High Speed Internet $269 (Empire?)

Thanks!

Yes, I was unable to be successful bidding on priceline-altho I didn't follow all your strategy and bid on only a few areas. I will try your strategy again tomorrow.

I just went looking thru Hotwire and saw these and researched thru the various threads and wasn't able to figure them out. Any ideas?

Thanks...and I will let you know whether I was successful once I go thru my bidding again (assuming these hotwire hotels don't sound like what I want, that is)!

FINALLY got a bid accepted for my travel dates. Using your strategy (with some improvising as my patience wore!) as follows:

4*UM-CPS $190 rejected

added TS $195 rejected

added MTE $200rejected

closed browser and reopend (via BB site)

4* MTW $210rejected

added UM-CPS$220 rejected

added TS $225 rejected

added MTE $230 rejected

closed browser..

4* MTE $210 rejected

added MTW $220 rejected

added MTE $230 rejected

added UM-CPS $240 rejected

closed browser

4* MTW $240 rejected

added UM-CPS $250 rejected

added MTE $255 ACCEPTED: THE BENJAMIN HOTEL!

Congratulations on your win... hope you're happy with the results.

A ver nice hotel and it's great to see this property appear often on PRICELINE recently... even if at higher rates than we're accustomed to seeing.

Thaks for sharing your win with the board... enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]