Hotwire Hotel: 3* Vancouver (Downtown West) Residence Inn

ilander
By ilander,
in

Finished off the last of the reservations for this trip. After looking at available options and my family needs, I settled on the Residence Inn for price and ammenities. The hotel had the expected icons: smokefree, breakfast, fitness, pool, rest., laundry, internet, kitchennette.

Had been watching the hotel for a while on HOTWIRE. Rates started at $159 six weeks ago, then went to $149, and today I bit the bullet at $139. The regular reservation rate was $269. Rates may keep trending lower, but I'm happy with $139 for Downtown Vancouver in July and I've locked it in.

I had rather use PRICELINE when possible, but in this case targeting the Residence Inn was not possible. The Residence Inn is 2.5* on Priceline, but its rates are much higher than a couple of the undesirable 3* Priceline hotels in the zone. 2.5* bids in the Downtown zone run a real risk of an unwanted "upgrade".

Congratulations on your success... glad to see that you received the hotel you were hoping for.

Indeed, you may have gotten a cheaper hotel on PRICELINE, but by using HOTWIRE you were able to get the hotel you wanted and still nearly half off conventionally booked rates... nicely done.

Thank you for helping us confirm this property for the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Residence Inn is 2.5* on Priceline, but its rates are much higher than a couple of the undesirable 3* Priceline hotels in the zone. 2.5* bids in the Downtown zone run a real risk of an unwanted "upgrade".

Even if the bid isn't upgraded, you still run the risk of getting the 2.5* Ramada Downtown Vancouver, which is not a very good hotel either.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]