Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Hyatt West Hollywood

tenngirl
By tenngirl,
in

Hi,

I neeed to stay in LA, preferably 4* in Beverly Hills on 3/28 and 3/29, but have been rejected at $125 (started at $100 and used all my rebids).

Any advice other than wait 24 hrs and try again? Is there a chance I could get a 4* in a few days (i.e. closer to the date) for less than $120?

Thanks!

Is there a chance I could get a 4* in a few days (i.e. closer to the date) for less than $120?
See the related "bid early or close to check-in" link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Is $125 your maximum bid? Did you only include the Beverly Hills zone in your bidding?

Do you have a back-up reservation (if so, where and how much)

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Since you intend to bid on PRICELINE again before doing anything on HOTWIRE, let's wait to see if you're bidding fails, and if so, if the above hotel is still the one offered on HOTWIRE... however, isn't this more than you're currently willing to pay? If you're willing to pay $156 for a 3.5* HOTWIRE property, why wouldn't you increase your PRICELINE bid amount for a 4 star?

Do you have a back-up reservation?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3* Beverly Hills--West Hollywood, Hyatt on Sunset, $130 3/28 - 3/30

I decided to add Santa Monica as an area I'd stay in and was willing to drop my star level because I couldn't really go over $155. My new bidding strategy was:

4* Beverly Hills--$145

add Lawndale--$150

add Santa Monica--$155

Add 3* level--$130 accepted.

By adding the 3* level I knew I could try for a 4* up to my limit but then drop my price back down after I added the 3*. I only used free rebid zones that didn't have 3* in my initial bid (only Lawndale), knowing that I would drop my star level if my first three bids failed.

Thanks for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]