Priceline Hotel: First time bidding - FLL - Grande or Hyatt Regency Pier 66

YoPhilly
By YoPhilly,
in

Hello. This is my first post and my first time bidding on Priceline. I'm hoping to win a bid for either the Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel or the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for November 29, 2008. I don't want to stay any farther out on the beach since we won't have a car. We like to stay right by the marina.

From what I can tell on Priceline, the only 4* FLL Beach hotel is the Hyatt Pier 66. And the Ft. Lauderdale Grande and the Embassy Suites are the only 3* FLL Downtown hotels. Is that correct?

If I understand correctly (since the Hyatt is my first choice), I should place my first bid for a 4* in Ft. Lauderdale Beach (for Hyatt Reg Pier 66). Is a first bid of $100 reasonable?

If rejected, I can wait 24 hours and rebid the same 4* Beach at a higher price, right?

Or I could try a 3* for Ft. Lauderdale Downtown, but that could mean either Embassy Suites or Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel. Is that correct?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

From what I can tell on Priceline, the only 4* FLL Beach hotel is the Hyatt Pier 66. And the Ft. Lauderdale Grande and the Embassy Suites are the only 3* FLL Downtown hotels. Is that correct?
See the comments at hte top of the Priceline Hotel List.

To 'safely' bid on PRICELINE, you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded region which defines the boundary. If you're unwilling to accept a hotel anywhere within the zone, then i woudln't recommend using PRICELINE.

HOTWIRE may be an option as you can often identify the property beforehand. However, there are never any guarantees and there is still a degree of risk involved.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and/or any additional questions you have... we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... but HOTWIRE may be an option.

It depends if you're willing to take a risk, some risk, or none at all.

If you ultimately need to book direct you can use our BetterChecker to assist in your search and please use the links in our support page where we have links to most of the major hotel chains.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Those are the only two hotels with reported wins to this board in that zone and star level, so I suppose the chances are high that you might get one of them, but it is by no means guaranteed that you will. You could end up with a hotel that nobody has reported.

One thing you have to remember is that if you bid 3 stars, you could end up in a 4 star hotel or resort. The Renaissance hotel has been won in the downtown zone, sometimes for less than the 3* grand. The embassy suites hasn't been reported in a while. So there's a good chance you could get the Grand. Or the Renaissance. Maybe Embassy suites. You have to be prepared to end up in any 3* downtown hotel, though. There's a trade off for getting things half price...

I got a Hotwire quote for a 4.5-star hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach Area on November 29 for $209. Amenities say Near Beach, Pool(s), Business Center, Tennis Nearby, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Spa Services.

I don't see any hotel fitting this description on your Hotwire hotel list. Any idea what hotel this is?

There's also a 3.5* in Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades Area for $147 with Pool(s), Business Center, and Restaurant(s). I can't figure out if it's Embassy Suites or Riverside?

I am no Hotwire expert, but the 3.5 downtown looks a lot more like the Riverside or something other than Embassy. And the 3* looks like Hyatt place, not the Grande you want. While the Renaissance is listed on the Hotwire hotel list, it doesn't seem be be getting offered right now. Not sure what that might tell you about a potential Priceline bidding outcome. Maybe if you wait a little the Renaissance might show up on Hotwire? Would you even be happy with that hotel?

Could the 4* in the beach zone be the hyatt you want?

I don't have an answer as to what the 4.5 star hotel listed is. The hotwire hotel list doesn't show any such thing. I thought I saw a 4 star option listed on hotwire for your date that looked a lot like the Hyatt you said you would like to stay at earlier, though.

The property above has not yet been identified.

It is close to what has previously been reported for the Hyatt Pier 66 (and i seem to recall they may have recently finished renovations... but not certain on that) so it's possible that this property has been upgraded, but there is no evidence of such and this would just be speculation and HOTWIRE gives no additional clues as to this property's identity.

Not sure if you're willing to take the chance on it for $200/nite.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]