Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (North Strip) Palazzo

PolyNate
By PolyNate,
in

Hey, found this site through another forum. I had no idea you could save this much at a hotel!

ANyways, I read the ways to get such deals but I'm worried I may screw it up. I think I have the gist of the re-bidding process.

I'm looking for a 5 star on the strip. 2 nights from Fri. March 28th - Sun March 30. Looking for 2 queens.

Price range is $50-220

I checked HOTWIRE and there doesn't seem to be any 5 star hotels available on those dates.

It seems like most people are getting the Palazzo and/or Venetian. If I just make a quick bid with the said parameters can I be pretty certain I'd get one of these 2 hotels?

Can someone help me on how I should go about with the starting bid? My onlt worry is getting stuck somewhere I don't want to stay at. I understand that's the downside pof this type of process but if I can avoid that it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few things to cover:

Looking for 2 queens
PRICELINE only guarantees double occupany... after that it's at the descretion of the hotel. Wins are almost always for 'standard rooms', which if you land the Venetian or Palazzo, is a room with a King bed. You may be able to upgrade at check-in, as many others have been able to do (if/when availability exists), but this has frequently (more often than not) come with an additional fee (typically $30/nite which is the difference between the hotel's own website for a room with 1King vs. 2Queens).
It seems like most people are getting the Palazzo and/or Venetian. If I just make a quick bid with the said parameters can I be pretty certain I'd get one of these 2 hotels?
If you bid the North Strip zone, i would say it's likely you will receive one of these properties, although the Wynn is also suspected of being a possibility in this area and may come up at anytime. As well, if you also include the South Strip zone you could received TheHotel (inside Mandalay Bay) which has been reported at the 5* level, and it is also suspected that the Bellagio is likely a possibility at that star rating, although not yet reported. As always, no guarantees.

With the above info, let us know if you have any additional questions and if you'd like to proceed, which zone(s) you're willing to accept.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response!

King bed works for me. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade. Checked Venetian's site last night and it was Fri for $199 and Sat for $279. Now it's $279 each! I'd like to proceed with the bidding. The sooner I can get this done, the better.

I'm willing to accept the North Zones. Venetian and Palazzo are what I'm aiming for.

Question about check-in: I've seen some that have said "Guaranteed late night arrival". Afternoon check-in is what I'd like. Or does that matter?

P.S: Go Buckeyes! :)

At the 5* level you have seven re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

24 hours after your last rejected bid:

Select 5* NORTH Strip...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access PRICELINE.

Select 5* NORTH Strip and re-bid zone7...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $205 (if you want to go an additional $5)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, I tried your steps with still no luck after 7 bids. Then I closed my browser to try again but it won't let me make any more re-bids.

EDIT: Ah crap. I know what I did wrong. I was supposed to stop at 6 and close browser. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. You should've warned me! :)

Bid $205 (if you want to go an additional $5)

Guess you decided to go the extra $5 :)

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

Glad to hear the board was helpful in your purchase and that you're happy with the results... this is a magnificent property.

Enjoy your stay and have fun in Vegas :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]