Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Venetian

GatorChelle
By GatorChelle,
in

Hi everyone!

Love the site, it's very helpful with my trip planning.

I've been trying off and on for about a week bidding on a 5* Strip North hotel for May 12 (Monday) - May 16 (Friday).

I thought because we were checking out on Friday we would get a pretty good deal ... maybe under $160.

When I first started bidding the avg rate for Palazzo was $324 and Venetian was $285.

I bid starting at $130 and got countered with $188/night. I slowly raised my bids up to $150 and got rejected.

I just noticed yesterday the avg rate for Palazzo is now $280 and Venetian is $260.

So I bid $130 again to see what they would counter with and it's still at $188. Shouldn't the counter come down since the avg. rate has fallen?

Any help would be appreciated. I've already read the helpful ReBidding tips so that has helped a lot.

I really don't want to go over $155 ... is this realistic for a weekday stay?

Thanks!

i would bid slowly up to 160 as i think that you have a decent chance of a 'win' between 150-165. you should have many, many rebids so you could even go up by $1 per rebid between 145-160 when you get there. good luck, these are GREAT hotels at good prices (if you can get them!)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is not always a direct correlation between the hotel's price and the accepted bid price. Some hotels have a range where "If our lowest availalbe rate is between $150-$200 then the opaque rate will be $x... when the range is $200-$250 the opaque rate will be $y, etc, etc"

Therefore, if a hotel goes from $199 down to $165 you won't necessarily see a difference in what the hotel is available for thru the opaque suppliers.

This is just one example (the easiest to explain) amoung multiple scenarios where you won't necessarily see a change in the PRICELINE/HOTWIRE rate when the hotel's own rate goes down.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If you'd like a specific strategy to follow let us know and we'll type one out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread (i asumed this is continuation of your trip for May?)

If you enter "las vegas treasure island" (w/o the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box at the top of the board inside the blue banner you'll see the last reported Priceline Win Treasure Island was two years ago in February 2006. (easier than flipping thru 50+ pages of PRICELINE wins)

If you need help bidding for this stay please confirm your dates, maximum bid, minimum star rating, zone parameters, and any other pertinent info and we'll adivise accordingly.

Please be sure to follow-up this thread with your progress/results along the way.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since the 5* Strip North are now unavailable for my dates of May 12- May 16, I was going to gamble and try 4* Strip North to see if I could get Treasure Island.

No one has posted a TI win in over 2 years, but heck, I'll give it a try!

I went all the way up to $115/night for Strip North and no takers... not even a counter offer.

Does this mean they probably don't have hotels for 4* in Strip North?

Thanks,

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

I went all the way up to $115/night for Strip North and no takers... not even a counter offer.

Does this mean they probably don't have hotels for 4* in Strip North?

No, it only means that they don't currently have 4* hotels in this zone for $115 or less.

What makes you believe that there is no 5* availability? Are you not interested in the 4* hotels in the South Strip zone? What is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel?

Have you done anything with your Hotwire Punta Cana stay... please follow-up/update that threads.

Please remember to use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

When I type in my dates May 12-16, it says there are no available 5* hotels for my date. I assumed it meant that Priceline ran out of 5* stars for those dates.

I've been to Vegas twice and stayed in the South Strip and wanted to try the North Strip this part of my trip.

I've booked a cancellable reservation at Mirage worst case... but I wanted to try for 4* TI at a reduced rate.

For my punta cana trip, I'm still trying for that one... I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for all the help!

When I type in my dates May 12-16, it says there are no available 5* hotels for my date. I assumed it meant that Priceline ran out of 5* stars for those dates.
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the 'retail' version of PRICELINE to determine 'name your own price' availability.
I've booked a cancellable reservation at Mirage...
Please note, as per our support page, that we're an affiliate of the Mirage (as well as all the other MGM owned properties), please use our links to begin your reservations and hotel direct bookings.

What is your rate at the Mirage? I haven't looked to see if it would help, but is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]