LAS Las Vegas Minivan Hertz

SK524
By SK524,
in

First time trying Priceline for cars. Used your PRICELINE Car Rental Link.

Car type: Minivan

Your Offer Price: $33.00

Total Rental Days: 3

Subtotal: $99.00

Taxes & Fees: $52.57

Total Charges: $151.57

Think I did ok with this... saved $20 total over Hotwire and $90 over Hertz direct price.

However I suspect I maybe could have done a few dollars better... Yesterday I bid $27 and Priceline responded that my bid seemed low and a $31 bid had a "good chance" of being accepted and $33 had a "great chance". Stuck with $27 to see what happened: rejected.

So today I was going to put in a bid of $30, thinking it would get accepted... PL was now saying I had a "good chance" with $38 and "great chance" with $40. Why such a jump in a day!?! I wondered. Well, yesterday they seemed to be right about me bidding too low ($4 under their "good chance"), so increased a bit, to $33 (still $5 under their "good chance"). When it was accepted I was pleased but also wondered if I could have been accepted with $31 or $32.

All that being said, my husband and his 4 buddies will be splitting the price of the rental so each of them will still be only paying $30 each, and not having to squash into a midsize car. So, not too bad overall.

Yes.... I realize I'm probably overanalyzing these things!! :)

Thanks again for providing such a valuable research service, thereuare & co. !

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]